Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin 430W (PC interface)

I gather that FS210 now supports some data transfer to and from Foreflight and that flight plan transfers will follow soon:

http://ipadpilotnews.com/2015/07/garmin-connected-cockpit-extended-foreflight-jeppesen-apps/

That said, until SkyDemon or EasyVFR joins the party, I’m happy with Garmin Pilot which has improved immensely this year – in terms of functions/features as well as databases. Flight plan and file at home on the iPad, clip it to the panel, then four or five screen touches and the GTN650 is ready to drive my AP while GP serves as an MFD. Simples!

In-flight route changes are also easier to enter and check on the iPad before firing them off to the GTN650.

Like Achim, I had a FP migrator dongle for my old GNS530, but it was way more trouble than it was worth.

Thread drift… A year or two ago, Garmin said that two other products were hurting them: iPad and Aspen. I would say they’ve sorted their iPad problem, but where’s the “Garmin Aspen”?

Last Edited by Jacko at 20 Dec 20:38
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Indeed…

Can anyone offer an Executive Summary of what it does do, since one cannot load flight plans into the GPS?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This allows pilots to wirelessly receive ADS-B weather and traffic, as well as display precise GPS position data and backup attitude information right on the iPad when using these apps with the Garmin Connext system.

So, outside the USA, all you get now for Foreflight is AHARS and 5 Hz WAAS GPS…

Not sure how useful FF is on this side of the pond anyway…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
23 Posts
Sign in to add your message