Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GENDEC Netherlands

Hoping the EuroGA Brain trust might have a workaround on filing a Gendec for EHLE. There is a website (Gendec.EU) but apparently a one man band and am not registered. There is also a spoof toxic lookalike trying to harvest data! EHLE Ops couldn’t help. As I was hoping for an early AM departure am sort of stuck as I don’t plan to get a post Brexit fine (colleague got one even with a Gendec filed in Belgium). They are not trivial and probably put you on a naughty step list.

Is there a Dutch Border e mail to send a Gendec to?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

What is preventing you from registering on gendec.eu?

EHLE, Netherlands

OnlineGAR.com also makes the Dutch GenDEC
SkyDemon uses OnlineGAR under the hood

Last Edited by lionel at 14 Aug 17:06
ELLX

Hi @SvenHz probably finger trouble, Oscar the administrator kindly got this sorted! I was a bit worried as my company server initially blocked the site, it then worked if I went via Google to the site.

I’ve used GENDEC.EU a few times without any glitches. It works particularly well in the Netherlands but also elsewhere. It submits online to the UK authorities at the same time, and also provides a unique reference for your flight plan which ties the two together. Any changes to your flight plan are automatically updated for the Dutch immigration/customs authorities, which makes life easier for all concerned.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

I ended up binning today, arrived at EGTK sky obscured and 300m. It finally lifted at around 0900z but then the destination went marginal VFR with scattered CBs, and am not sure if you can request a pop up IFR clearance on the 1500 AMSL transit around Schiphol, also Oostende was IFR. I considered IFR but it meant negotiating a slot (perhaps the AIP is overly conservative?). As I needed to be back this afternoon it felt like landing, refuelling and coming back.

Possibly there is already a thread on pop up IFR requests in EASA airspace? One of the advantages of UK is the ability to switch to IFR OCAS on a traffic service, or on a Basic service, and request an approach at destination.

I don’t think there is and it would be a great topic. Start with the UK – easy (zero problem because they are nonexistent ).

Thread started here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message