Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Getting an FAA ATPL

It looks like I might have to go to the States to get two type ratings, so 5 days multi crew jet sim time will probably be a good adjunct.

I have already done five days on the sim as part of my HS125 captaincy course, and I have 700 hours multi crew in G Reg, but I assume that that all counts for nothing?

EGKB Biggin Hill

You also will need to go through security clearance and fingerprint/background checks – this takes around a couple of months.

My FAA PPL wasn’t a piggyback but issued in the USA, I believe this may give some advantage on the paperwork.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Timothy wrote:

I have already done five days on the sim as part of my HS125 captaincy course, and I have 700 hours multi crew in G Reg, but I assume that that all counts for nothing?

Unfortunately I believe it is not relevant under the new system.

You also will need to go through security clearance and fingerprint/background checks – this takes around a couple of months.

My FAA PPL wasn’t a piggyback but issued in the USA, I believe this may give some advantage on the paperwork.

When I went to standalone commercial from 61.75 PPL i needed TSA approval but otherwise paperwork was same as if going from standalone PPL.

EGTK Oxford
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message