Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GNS 430W FPL Waypoint locked.

Has anybody expirience the message WPT locked when transferring a FPL into the GNS430? Does sequencing continue? Don’t really understand what could have been the issue because no user created waypoints involved, just EDRB, MMD, CMB, LYD, TUNEL, EGKB. Thanks for any thoughts.

Google is your friend:

At least one flight plan (FPL) waypoint is locked because the waypoint has been removed FPL waypoint is locked from the current NavData Card (database change), the data card is missing, or the data card has failed.

By the way, that’s a massive dogleg! Southern Belgium is very scenic and should not be missed IMHO. I know, the airspace is a little restrictive down there, but it is not a problem with the assistance of ATC/FIS.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Southern Belgium is very scenic and should not be missed IMHO

Depends on the flight rules Right now Belgium is handing out ATC slots like there’s no tomorrow.

LSZK, Switzerland

I had no issues through Belgium yesterday.

That message is very common when an waypoint is not found in your nav database.
Do you have old flight plans stored in your 430?
Time to delete them all.

Last Edited by mdoerr at 31 May 12:02
United Kingdom

thanks Guys. @tomjnx has understood the reason for the dogleg:) In general, I always I try to avoid Bruxelles both VFR IFR for that reason.

Just scan thru your flightplans and delete any that have a waypoint in it that says LOCKD. The LOCKD waypoint is one that was deleted or moved its location in a database update cycle. You can also just delete the individual waypoint and then reprogram as necessary.

KUZA, United States

@ncyankee, thanks.

That message is very common when an waypoint is not found in your nav database.
Do you have old flight plans stored in your 430?
Time to delete them all.

Aha! So the message can refer to a saved flight plan and not just the active one? Good to know!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message