Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cessna P210N D-EUIB crash in North Macedonia

GA in Bulgaria is relatively new. I wonder in many cases when I see planes advertized on planecheck if the purse was bigger than the capability.

There was a case not too long ago when a Cirrus SR22 crashed in Bulgaria when the new owner flew it from Sofia to his home airport. No reason why visible.

I wonder how long this owner had this plane and if he was on an IFR plan or not. From where the plane came down, he was on a direct track from Ohrid to Sofia, which is right over mountains, and apparently he reported massive turbulence before loosing contact. Also apparently (hearsay) he wanted to divert to Skopje due to weather before deciding again he wanted to continue to Sofia. The position is southwest of Skopje, so straight in the mountains.

Horrible accident but looking at the weather totally avoidable. It’s a big hubbub in Bulgaria about it apparently and very damaging to the GA scene there…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

That report is from 30-JAN-2017 – wrong aircraft. This is the one

That was my point. The photo posted above is the aircraft that came to grief on 30-JAN-2017, not the one in Bulgaria, and the two occupants walked away.

Biggin Hill

Yes. The reg in the thread title updated… and photo removed since it is not relevant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I wonder how long this owner had this plane
The accident airplane had been sold to Bulgaria through a well-known German broker in February, 2017.
Friedrichshafen EDNY
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message