Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Ghost flight plans and their consequences (flight not taking place and FLP not cancelled)

Capitaine wrote:

I used to use 0800 IFR VFR (0800 437 837) in France, but don’t know if it’s still valid

It isn’t. The new number is +33 1 56 30 13 01.

Timothy wrote:

I have had the opposite experience of filing two FPLs, out and back, landing at an ATC airfield (I think the most recent experience was Deauville) then, when ready for departure, many hours later, putting GRAMET 1 into Autorouter Telegram only to find that the outbound is still alive and active in the system.

I think the Autorouter view is not real-time, and the transition from “arriving” to “closed” is significantly delayed in autorouter compared to the actual Eurocontrol/ATC system. They say as much on https://www.autorouter.aero/wiki/flight-tracking/#Arrival_considerations

ELLX

boscomantico wrote:

But even then, since it is an active ATSU, what will then happen is that upon ETD+30, the first thing the AIS will do is call (and reach) that ATSU and enquire whether the aircraft has actually landed or not. The ATSU will then confirm this, and the pilot will never hear anything about that little overdue action in the background.

AFAIU it is the ATSU of the destination airport that is responsible for the follow-up of a flight – not AIS.

If there is no open ATSU at the destination then procedures vary. In Sweden the ATCC is responsible.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I think the Autorouter view is not real-time, and the transition from “arriving” to “closed” is significantly delayed in autorouter compared to the actual Eurocontrol/ATC system. They say as much on https://www.autorouter.aero/wiki/flight-tracking/#Arrival_considerations

That has to do with tracking, which is an informal “nice too” feature, as opposed to the core function of Autorouter, which is routing and FPLs.

I would expect Autorouter to reflect the real world status of active flightplans. Any comment from @achimha?

EGKB Biggin Hill
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message