Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Just Culture, but only for some

Here is the above mentioned image

The image is “south UP” which apparently identifies who posted it (in case “nick cox” is not his real name). It was taken at the Gatwick tower.

And a load of “stuff” posted by NATS staff about “Just Culture” which doesn’t actually exist at all for private pilots. Participation by NATS and CAA staff, under nicknames, on UK forums and slamming pilots is OK, apparently.

BTW he is 200ft into the LTMA (base 1500ft). Looking at his track he probably thinks he is below 1500ft and is aware of the airspace.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

JasonC wrote:

In an accident where you could be even slightly responsible say nothing. It is really sad but is almost always the right course of action.

Never a truer word. The only words to ever mutter to the Authority is NO COMMENT. It is actually very sad. We are brought up to be open, honest, tell no lies, then when released to the world the only way it appears is to tell lies, untruths, and other such indiscretions, then when you know the game, generally plus 55, say nothing.

Authority, in general, does not like truth.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Nowhere does the London TMA go any lower than 2500 feet MSL. The airspace concerned here is the Gatwick CTA.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

OK, but zero practical difference, CAS is CAS

I suppose, in theory, EGKK could clear a VFR flight through there at say 2300ft, because it is Class D. They aren’t likely to due to the traffic. You can get an overhead transit.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It is possibly worth pointing out that the screenshot referred to by Graham, appears to have come from the ATM in Gatwick Tower which is not a NATS unit and the person who posted it on Twitter does not appear to be a NATS employee.

Cub
Various, United Kingdom

Sorry Cub – the only ATM I am familiar with dispenses money – what does this one do?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

ATM = Aerodrome Traffic Monitor = a Radar in the Tower.

Cub
Various, United Kingdom

I suppose, in theory, EGKK could clear a VFR flight through there at say 2300ft, because it is Class D. They aren’t likely to due to the traffic. You can get an overhead transit.

Have been cleared through many times.

18 Posts
Sign in to add your message