Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

At the same time Slovenia puts Croatia on the list of unsafe countries.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Coming from the US

Gents, I’m trying to get over to Europe to take care of my plane and other details…
The tricky part, is I’ll need to fly from Wales to Austria, and then potentially back again, possibly via Germany for refueling, given wind conditions.
I’ve read some of this 90 page thread, but haven’t had the time to go through the whole thing… only the last several pages.

Would any of you be willing to give me a basic primer on what is required of someone coming from the US to fly between these countries?
In short, I can arrive anywhere in Europe and will fly GA from Wales to Germany.

I apologize for my lack of diligence in reading the thread, and hope ‘cutting in line’ this way will be forgiven.

Thanks all!

At the moment, GA in Wales is basically not allowed, the exception being if you stay within 5 miles of your departure airfield.

That rule is ending on 6 July.

You will be able to fly back to England without quarantine because Germany and Austria are on the list of quarantine-free countries https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors#travel-corridors-countries-and-territories-exemption-list

However Wales (and Scotland) have different rules, and currently no plans to follow England on the quarantine-free rules. So if you wanted to fly back to Wales you would need to self-isolate/quarantine for 14 days.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

You have two weeks’ quarantine in the UK if coming from the US. That’s probably the #1 issue. May not be enforced but…

I don’t know the current acceptance situation in Austria, etc. I am sure others will come in here.

You can set the page length in your profile preferences. It should not be 90 pages

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Of course the other issue is you’ll need to self quarantine arrival in the UK from the USA, regardless of whether you land in England or Wales as the USA is not on the exemption list.

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

@NicR @Peter
Thank you both for these clear details.
The quarantine is clearly expected and mandatory, so no problem complying with that on arriving in Europe.

Thanks for details and dates.
I’ll wait until Monday (Jul 6th) and see what the new details and rules are to plan accordingly.

Thank you both very much – always great help here!

Peter wrote:

It should not be 90 pages

Ive got 90 pages…91 now…
Didnt even know I could change the number of posts per page, thought it just came that way…thanks !

You have to be logged in for this user-specific stuff to work, obviously… I set mine to 50 per page.

Administrator

The UK has published the inbound quarantine exemptions here

Administrator

skydriller wrote:

Didnt even know I could change the number of posts per page, thought it just came that way…thanks !

Same here, thanks @Peter
Thanks as well for the list

Sign in to add your message