Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

This is very interesting – a report on the risk factors

Anyone with any lung issues really should avoid catching this thing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Everyone should as every single person who carries it will infect others unwittingly.

We are very careful now in the office, keep our distances and desinfect our hands every time we leave our workplace. It becomes 2nd nature after a shift or two…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

The rule we now have is to wash hands when entering the office.

One cannot make every surface safe (keyboards etc) but one can make the whole office safe.

It is the same scenario in your house.

What to do with letters and packets? UV is a good solution. You can buy various products intended for sterilising stuff.

Administrator

Thanks for the info high altitude on covid, kwlf. Actually I was thinking that because if viruses are weakened with low pressure or quick variation of it, we of course will have to get sick people with O2 assistance.
The whooping cough things seems to be denied by medicine but is an habit in a lot of place around. I have done some and sick people get better after 2 or 3 days and no more symptoms after less than a week. Of course it doesn’t kill the bacteria instantly. And I think it’s denied because it has just never been looked in a study…

Other than that I am afraid that France gvnt doesn’t get it seriously. They are more afraid of loosing money and growth and I think they should have react quicker and stronger. I am also afraid that it is going to get worse and worse for some time because of this lazy and weak decisions… Hope that I will be wrong.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 10 Mar 10:28
LFMD, France

Peter wrote:

Notably, this is not mentioned anywhere in abstract of the study you quote. I agree with your opinion here, but this particular study is ill suited to support it.

It notes old age, signs of sepsis and elevated D-dimers to increase mortality. Wheter and which comorbidities increase mortality is not mentioned in the abstract at all, maybe it’s in the full paper. I don’t have access to the full papers,unfortunately, only at work.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Just spoke to our friends in Italy.
Everything is locked down:
They are “urged” to stay at home and must not leave their community unless for work (which in many private companies has been suspended), or because of serious health conditions (visiting doctors or hospitals). No trains between cities, except a few, and local transport.
All restaurants, bars, hotels, etc. are either closed or open only until 6 pm.
Long queues in front of the supermarkets, because only few people may enter at any given time.
This is a decree of the president, valid until first days of March / before Easter (for now).
This is a severe lockdown of private and public life. Lets hope it helps.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

The problem, readily apparent from skiing social media, is that a huge number of Italians disregarded this and “escaped”, and in particular Italian skiers have gone to France, Switzerland and Austria. If you drive, you won’t get stuck if an airline stops flights. The results will be predictable and already are in some places.

In Ischgl, Austria, 17 were infected of whom 15 were traced to a barman there; story here. This stuff is really infectious.

The UK is delaying the more drastic measures because they know people will not follow them if they are in place for too long.

Just heard: Austria has announced a ban on Italians entering the country unless they carry a medical certificate, in an attempt to stop coronavirus spreading.
Austrians returning from Italy would have to self-isolate for two weeks.

The world is going mad.

I am going to pop down to La Rochelle as soon as it stops raining here

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The world is going mad.

Not so sure that I agree ;)

Two – four weeks of a sharp shock then all back to normal might be better than a prolonged struggle.

And as a side benefit, I suspect many small businesses would realise that they can in fact have a lot of staff work from home, when they never considered that an option before.

If staff were allowed to consider it part of their annual holidays, then they could be paid for that time and no additional staff cost to those businesses.

It will be very hard on pubs, restaurants etc but 2-4 weeks might be better than months and months of people afraid to go out.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

boscomantico wrote:

Since today, Austria is banning any flights inbound from most of Northern Italy. See here.

This seems sensible to me but how does this fit with schengen?

Off_Field wrote:

how does this fit with schengen?

Schengen can be suspended due to circumstances and it is now in Austria on the Italian Border.

Transit vehicles are being admitted when they sign a declaration not to stop in Austria and leave via the fastest possible way to Germany. Or that is what they said in the German news about the Brenner-Munich axis.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message