Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Jujupilote wrote:

some would even march each Sunday
This battle is lost.
These people are evil. They will fall, God knows when, but many tears will flow in between.

Some people seem to be prepared to go further by the looks of it.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-gas-station-employee-killed-over-a-face-mask/a-59244387

I myself was withness today to a guy threatening a McDonalds employee with all sorts of violence and legal action because she insisted (as she has to by law) that the person at the order desk produces his certificate and wears a mask.

Last week some demonstrators tried to storm the parliament building in Bern during a covid demonstration, apparently wishing to re-enact the Capitol storming of January 6th.

For the first time in history, Swiss ministers need round the clock protection due to Covid measure related murder threats.

It appears that the radicalisation of people opposed to the current measures is starting to move in a very bad way towards terrorism.

Well, people have started to kill each other over this. Should we call it a society meltdown or the beginning of terrorism / civil unrest up to civil war? I don’t know but I think it is high time that people take very careful stock of what they are about to destroy. War is no kids game, but some appear to be willing to go that lenght.

The certificate has been in use in Austria for months and nobody went bananas. Why can’t it work elsewhere as well? I’ve been to several places where the certificate is used and as a consequence have been able for the first time in months to interact normally with people again, because I know that my opposites care about my health as much as I care about theirs? Travel without the certificate will be shut down yet again, why don’t people realize this? Instead they are playing with the fire of insurrection and outright violence.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 20 Sep 21:10
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

82% of the French population over 12 years old has now been vaccinated.
80% of the patients in hospital are non vaccinated.
ICU occupancy in France as a whole is 36%.
Most of us have returned to a pretty normal life, except for travelling abroad, although in the next few months, France will no longer be on the UK amber list, Europeans will be able to enter the USA if double vaccinated, and the EU Covid pass makes travelling in Europe much freer again.
If the insistance on the Pass Sanitaire has played a major part in this Macron, Castex and all (as the measures had to pass through parliament) have got it right.
If people see that as Tyranny, they don’t know what Tyranny is.
They should perhaps take a look at Brazil.

France

gallois wrote:

They should perhaps take a look at Brazil.

Or Australia

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

Or Australia

If I understand correctly (media reports may be misleading), Australia currently doesn’t allow people (or at least residents) to leave the country without a permit…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

If I understand correctly (media reports may be misleading), Australia currently doesn’t allow people (or at least residents) to leave the country without a permit…

From lockdown to lockdown without any real exit strategy…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Airborne_Again wrote:

Anyone normal resident in Australia, is not allowed to leave without an exemption, that includes Swedish citizens living down under. Exemptions are routinely given if you able to show that you intend to leave and LIVE somewhere else, otherwise they were not given out even to people that wanted to say good bye to the relatives. Keep in mind the following caps on international arrivals to enter quarantine are:

New South Wales – 215 per day; Victoria – 500 arrivals per week; Queensland – 500 arrivals per week, with additional surge capacity of 150 per week; Western Australia – 265 per week; South Australia – 265 per week.

for a population of 20mlllion. Pretty tough…

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

Their real strategy is was to lead from the back , which was probably smart, but someone has to be at the front…

Right now there is big fight between the states the biggest by far wants to follow a vacinne strategy similar to the UK. The other still think they can maintain the this level of isolation for a bit longer…

Ted
United Kingdom

Ted wrote:

Anyone normal resident in Australia, is not allowed to leave without an exemption

That includes travelling between States. Not really reported here in the UK….Wonder Why??

The above form Melbourne yesterday. Construction workers fighting against being laid off re Non Vaccination. Oh what a lovely war….

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 21 Sep 15:36
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Not really reported here in the UK….Wonder Why??

Because, if you are the BBC, the Daily Trash, etc, the UK is the only country in the world

One could make the same statement for every country, however.

Yes; Australia’s mistake has been to think for a long time they can avoid it by border closure, and not vaccinating much. They will have to turn around on that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

Most of us have returned to a pretty normal life, except for travelling abroad, although in the next few months, France will no longer be on the UK amber list, Europeans will be able to enter the USA if double vaccinated, and the EU Covid pass makes travelling in Europe much freer again.

True. Seeing the same here.

gallois wrote:

If people see that as Tyranny, they don’t know what Tyranny is.

Absolutely.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I think I have been transported and live in some form of paradigm where my vision of normality is now at odds with 50% of the population. Oh Dear…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
Sign in to add your message