Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

FTAOD, @Peter, my post above will apply to anyone in France… ie is relavant to GA travel to france as of monday…

I’ve had my booster, no problem. Coming up for the 6 months just book on line with your local vaccination centre or go to a pharmacy (many are giving the booster).You get a printed out Passe Sanitaire on leaving the vacc centre and gets entered into your "Tous Covid wallet automatically. It exactly the same and the previous one but has 3/3 on it.

France

skydriller wrote:

Mini-Macaroon just announced that your vaxxes are only valid for 7 months and you need a 3rd dose to keep your “pass sanitaire”. And now a test is only valid for 24hrs – so basicly, you get the result and it expires…

Looks like a knee jerk reaction… most people who want to do a booster would have done it anyway. Wonder if any other countries will follow up on this.

What tests are valid for 24 hours only? All of them? Basically that throws testing out of the window totally.

Question is if this is a bluff again by Macron or not…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Got this graph this morning. Not surprising but still worth showing I suppose.

I may be taking wrong conclusions but it appears that the minimum for a massive reduction in cases is around 80%, those countries with over 90% are basically done with the pandemic. Those with less than 75 are still on.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 26 Nov 08:18

I didn’t see all of Olivier Veran’s (health minister’s speech) but I assume this is a reaction to a huge sudden rise in postive tests. I don’t think anyone knows why. With nearly 90% of the population over 12 years old with 2 vaccines and now 10% having had the booster there would seem little point in testing at all, except perhaps for the unvaccinated who want to spend the night clubbing. So 24 hrs validity of a test is long enough:) Not only that soon if not already they will have to pay for those tests. Oh happy days.

France

most people who want to do a booster would have done it anyway

Not really, we have grand parents with +80yo booked for late Dec (me & wife just booked ours in Jan) but apparently one can short-cut and get it in pharmacies but as it stands they are full..

What happens is that most “local mass vaccination enters” got closed or scaled back after 4th wave but they are gearing up again for 5th wave, so it should not be difficult to get a 3rd dose soon but it’s a bit late giving Xmas is looming

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

Not only that soon if not already they will have to pay for those tests. Oh happy days.

They are still free in France? Wow. They’ve been paid in Switzerland for a while.

Ibra wrote:

What happens is that most “local mass vaccination enters” got closed or scaled back after 4th wave but they are gearing up again for 5th wave, so it should not be difficult to get a 3rd dose soon but it’s a bit late giving Xmas is looming

Was the same here. I have to drive to a center roughly 25 km away to get my third shot, my 1st and 2nd were in a center close by. They are however going to re-open that one in about 2 weeks time. Currently they say they have more than enough capacity, most people need the booster between now and January as they had their 2nd vaccine between June and August

One can also get the 3rd shot at the local GP’s now, however almost nobody of them has Pfizer. So those with Moderna will probably go there, those with Pfizer need to see a center. When I called 2 weeks ago, I was told they won’t cross-vaccinate (to give Moderna to someone who has had Pfizer) but by now I met several people who got it that way. Never mind, I have my date now on Saturday and will take it. Those who got it were issued a new certificate with again a year’s validity.

gallois wrote:

I assume this is a reaction to a huge sudden rise in postive tests. I don’t think anyone knows why.

That is the question, isn’t it. Who are the people with positive tests.
Vaccinated or not?
Symptomatic or not?

We had several people test positive in our workplace. Two are unvaccinated (so far) and the others vaccinated and tested because they had been in touch with those unvaccinated ones who are sick now. One of the vaccinated ones is symptomatic now.

I suppose the reaction to shorten the validity of the passes would indicate that those tested positive were indeed vaccinated people. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

But the advice from the medical establishment here is that you need to wait your 6 months before getting the booster.
We had to wait until about 2 weeks before our six months were up before the online booking system opened for us. Our booking at the local vaccination centre was 6 months to the day after our last vaccine. The appointed was confirmed by automatic text from Doclib, the French online system for medical appointments. This 6 months gap was checked on entry to the vacc center. As the reservations were for a slot (like a CTOT) you couldn’t enter the center until maximum 10mins before your allotted time, so it was difficult to say whether or not there had been much scaling back, but it is possible.
Oops correction mind like a sieve, the Tous Covid wallet wasn’t updated autmatically, we had to photo the QR code on the paper pass we had been given.

Last Edited by gallois at 26 Nov 09:17
France

gallois wrote:

But the advice from the medical establishment here is that you need to wait your 6 months before getting the booster.

Same here. You can’t get the booster before that. Nowhere.

My 6 months were over on Nov 12th, which is when I called my doc. He would have accepted me but for the fact that he did not have Pfizer and at the time they were not allowed to cross-vaccinate with Moderna. Apparently now they are.

My wife has got Moderna and she was told that she can have hers in January, but as Moderna is more effective anywhere between 6 and 8 months are adequate.

A neighbour who got hers said she did not do anything in her app other than refresh the certificate and the new one was there right away. I will see how it works on Saturday, but I will get a printout anyway.

In BG I understand you can get it earlier if you’ve been vaccinated with AZ, earliest after 4 months, but they also recommend 6. My mother in law should get hers next week, most probably Moderna.

Sign in to add your message