Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How I use Foreflight - EuroGA Video Meet Up 27APR20 19Z

Peter_Mundy wrote:

My problem is with setting up W&B for a Turbo Arrow IV – whatever I do results in a very strange envelope.

I suggest to contact foreflight support and get them to set this up for you.

loco wrote:

1. For the Polish airports that I checked there’s only fuel companies details in the FBO section. No handler contacts. Can this be added somehow? What about generating automated handling requests based on my flight plan like Rocket Route does?
Good idea → foreflight support

2. How do I quickly preview all Jeppesen plates for a given airport? There’s some plate adding process. Lots of selecting “+”. Alternatively, in the “Airports” section I can go to procedures, but that kicks me back “Plates” when I select.

Press on airport on the map, scroll down to procedures. Or, go to charts, select airport there. Or, on FPL, select Procedures to get an overview.

Jacko wrote:

Can FF transfer flight plans by Connext to and from a GTN 650Xi?
I know it works with flightstream to G1000. Pretty sure it works with GTNs as well.

Does it work with VRPs and small/private airfields in the flight plan? VRP format of Foreflight produces a locked FPL in Garmin. Solution is to press next to the VRP and add a lat/lon waypoint which you send via flightstream.
Does it work with user waypoints? Yes.

Peter_G wrote:

Does Foreflight yet show VRP’s, and/or ‘circuits’, as Skydemon does?

Yes it does.

Peter_G wrote:

Secondly, when I have used Foreflight in trial use, although the ‘search’ facility of Flight Planning a route was very quick, an incredible number of them failed to validate when I tried to file, due to errors – something I have never experienced with ‘autorouter’.

Heavily depending which area you fly in. So far IFR routes worked fine. VFR sometimes didn’t work.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks everyone for zooming in tonight. I hope you got a good overview. Looking forward to the next zoom topic.

always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy Thank you for your engagement yesterday. It was a pleasure to hear you, because it seems that you have really fun in sharing your knowledge.
Yesterday after the Zoom session the new update was installed on my iPad. Not much change, but to calculate the flights by defining a ETA is really a useful feature.

EDDS , Germany

Thank you @eddspeter

I’ll check out the new feature

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Snoopy27-Apr-20 21:4022
Thanks everyone for zooming in tonight. I hope you got a good overview.

Thanks for an incredibly useful and knowledgeable presentation. It certainly confirmed my insights into the depth and wealth of information that is available via Foreflight.
In these ‘lockdown’ times, I think there would be interest in other meetings this way. I think it would be useful if all of us knew that there was a time cut-off for the session, so we could plan properly.
Peter: I thought that Zoom had removed the 40 minute cut-off during the present crisis?
Perhaps we can create a forum page where people could suggest topics?

Last Edited by Peter_G at 28 Apr 11:01
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

I thought that Zoom had removed the 40 minute cut-off during the present crisis?

Zoom did remove it briefly but only for 1 day by the looks of it. Or maybe the day I tried it was the last day of their offer.

Because I think we will get good use out of it, I have now paid up the sub for Zoom, at £14.39/month, monthly cancellable.

One thing I really would ask, however:

Normally people should switch on the video when attending such a meeting. Only reason not to do it is, if the bandwidth is so small, that you can’t receive the words and the screen sharing of the speaker without issues. But that is fairly rare nowadays. Next time we should ask the audience to switch it on as a sign of politeness and respect to the volunteer speaker.

Perhaps we can create a forum page where people could suggest topics?

Here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Normally people should switch on the video when attending such a meeting.

Or at least have a photograph of themselves. It was a bit anonymous to see so many people just posting the ‘person’ icon.
It was possible that many had not worked out yet how post a picture, or a different background, and didn’t want people seeing their living rooms.
It was also just possible that some were watching from their bathroom! But I was surprised that so many seemed to be doing that. 😄

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message