Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Booker / High Wycombe EGTB in trouble?

Graham – I would hope that your problems were post 2013….?

I very much doubt there is any truth in the rumour that the council stopped the gliding.

The Chiltern Park airfield lease owner has himself reported that South Oxfordshire District Council have served notice that the gliding must cease by end June. There are a lot of long running planning issues and associated restrictions on Chiltern Park so if doesn’t surprise me.

Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

Ah – apologies, I read it that BGC had moved from WAP due to the Wycombe District Council, rather than the Chiltern Park situation.

@aerofurb

June 2013

EGLM & EGTN

I left end of April 2013…

We have no idea who you are, aerofurb, so this is a mystery to the rest of us

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

aerofurb wrote:

I left end of April 2013…

Without wanting to put too fine a point on it, the issues stemmed from personnel problems/changes.

What turned me against the management was the way that these internal company problems were made my problem as a customer.

EGLM & EGTN

Suffice to say, there was a merger between two companies as one owed the other a substantial amount of money. That merger included a management change and eventually it became apparent that things were not going a good way and I was offered a job elsewhere. It’s a great shame as up until then we enjoyed work and had a great set of third party customers and fantastic staff.

I felt (and still feel) very guilty about leaving but sometimes in life you are left with little choice. The only good news is that as of recently, I understand the ‘company’ engineering (as opposed to an excellent independent maintenance organisation) is now under a new chief engineer (promoted from deputy) and he should be able to make it work. Unfortunately the latest ‘management team’ (above the engineering hangar) might not heading in the right direction to make any of it work.

there was a merger between two companies as one owed the other a substantial amount of money.

I like the word “merger”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

aerofurb wrote:

I felt (and still feel) very guilty about leaving but sometimes in life you are left with little choice.

You should not feel at all guilty. We all have to make a living and should have no qualms about taking the offer that best suits us. After all, no employer would hesitate for a moment to hire the staff that best suited them.

Last Edited by Graham at 24 Jun 08:22
EGLM & EGTN
Sign in to add your message