Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

We are not the only flyers who have problems with engines sitting around

FAA AD on the 5th stage bleed air check valve jamming

I wonder what other issues will be found on the fleets which have been sitting around? I am sure there are procedures for everything but for example what about batteries?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We have been flying since June 1st, 2020, after new normal measures have been implemented. In the meantime , our maintenance team worked hard to keep the airplanes (737NGs) as direceted by AMMs. So many flights had been done, many legs had been flown. Thanks God, we faced no such problems with the hard efforts of technic. Yeah we faced some problems, bird nests, faulty readings of Pitot Static system( bees and bugs despite of pitot and static covers) but not more than 3 or 4, other than that flawless operation in terms of technical problems. However after not flying some months we pilots, as a last line of defence in aviation , had a feeling of lacking competency. Even with simulator training, the gap of Corona made me feel little concerned. Things seem fine now, I have flown many legs, airplanes made hundreds of hours.

Fly , Cycle and Run
LTBJ,LTFB, Turkey
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message