Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Storm swept LDZL Zagreb Lucko airfield

Unfortunately last night a violent storm hit LDZL airfield where majority of Zagreb’s GA planes are located.

Here is brief report made by CAT pilot who often flies GA aircrafts from there.

Besides GA aircrafts, several military helicopters, located at the other side of the field, were also damaged.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

How terribly sad…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thats very sad to see.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Hail damage on the side of the fuselage. That must have been a proper storm…

EDQH, Germany

I’m sure the Cub can be rebuilt (a Cub in virtually any condition can be rebuilt) but finding C172 wings is not so easy. It’s a shame when planes that have served for so long end up in this situation.

As mentioned here before, four days after I sold my prize winning Luscombe, after many years of ownership and care, the new owner had pit it on its back. It is not a good feeling to see the photos of a plane you love in that situation so I empathize with the owners of these.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 04 Oct 21:22

I wonder what tiedowns they had. On Mali Losinj the staff are very proactive with tying-down the plane, even when I think there is nothing happening and only 50kt+ winds would shift a filled-up TB20.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I wonder what tiedowns they had.

The ones that ended up side down were tied to car tires filled with concrete – hardly enough for any serious wind. I don’t know what was the condition of hangar before this storm (because I visit this airfield very rarely) but I remember from the past that it didn’t look as the place where I would put my aircraft into.

The wind was around 70 kts and it was accompanied with hail probably when it was the strongest.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message