Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Adding basemap Charts to ForeFlight

Would you be able to post the pricing details?

FF have certainly not given up on Europe. Quite the opposite!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Peter wrote:

Why FF are not participating here, I have no idea. They had the privilege of running a huge long thread here promoting their product!!! But hey it’s like the Autorouter. Use EuroGA to promote it and then vanish. I allowed FF here because it looked like it would be a useful backup for the AR, and we do very much need a Plan B for when AR disappears (Rocketroute is the other but is quite pricey) but I don’t know if FF ever got there. I had a sub for some months or a year but never got much in the way of useful IFR routes out of it, and the package was buggy as hell. It wasn’t possible to generate a route for a range of levels because whenever you set the numbers, it would change them back.

Actually I suspect FF have largely given up on Europe, realising it is a lot of work for little money. They want to do it all with the US-market app but that isn’t possible because so much in Europe is different.

Peter,

I did not respond once the original question was answered by Silvaire wrote:

Silvaire22-Sep-21 21:3006
https://foreflight.com/europe/data/
I only answer if I can add to the conversation, Silvaire pointed to the same information link I would have. Also, I only check in on EuoGA once a day in my morning time, so often many posts have already occurred. You need to be a little more patient, there are time zone differences and the summer months have more vacations so things tend to slow down.

Your suspicion is very wrong. ForeFlight provides its products for worldwide use. There are currently three separate regions where charting is directly supported, USA, Canada, and Europe. This is in addition to standard data driven Aeronautical mapping using Jeppesen Navdata and pilots can purchase Jeppesen Charting as an add in. This year alone of the 8 releases, 4 of them had Europe specific content added in addition to many other features that were applicable to all regions. The filing support is being continuously updated, independent of the portable product updates, much of which are Europe specific.

As far as the Jeppesen Charting option, it does support either using one existing Jeppesen seat per available device or if purchased through ForeFlight, it includes three seats to use on up to three ForeFlight devices (2 iPad and 1 iPhone). See this link for more information on the Jeppesen support and FAQ https://foreflight.com/support/jeppesen-support/

KUZA, United States

Does this mean for €95 you can get FF on one device and Jepp terminal charts on one device (the same device, obviously) or can you have Jepps on the other two devices also?

Your suspicion is very wrong

That’s good to hear, NCyankee. My comment was mostly based on the FF representatives not being around here for some months.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you purchase any subscription for ForeFlight Mobile, you can add-on the Jeppesen chart options. The Jeppesen chart options include the approach, SID, STAR, and airport charts and the Jeppesen Low Altitude Enroute, High Altitude Enroute, and VFR charts. All these subscriptions, including the Jeppesen charting option may be used on three devices, two iPads and one iPhone. You also can use the web planning version on most any browser.

KUZA, United States

Snoopy wrote:

quid?

I wasn’t comparing. As I said, FF IFR all Europe 900 bucks. SD VFR 120 quid. And as I said, SD vfr FF IFR. The two are completely different

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Pig wrote:

I wasn’t comparing. As I said, FF IFR all Europe 900 bucks. SD VFR 120 quid. And as I said, SD vfr FF IFR. The two are completely different

I use only Foreflight vfr and ifr. Works well. Prefer to use only one app for flying instead of multiple.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Foreflight would work better for VFR if they could start handling VRPs correctly in the PLOG.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

True… it’s not very useful to have a list of cryptic coordinates in the NAVLOG ;)

OTOH, with realtime info in Foreflight, emulating the way it was done on paper isn’t really necessary anymore.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

I use only Foreflight vfr and ifr. Works well. Prefer to use only one app for flying instead of multiple.

Yes, Snoopy, and you don’t live in the UK with the JUST airspace bust culture. :)

EGTR

True. I did fine flying with FF in the UK (including some tricky stuff like Redhill) but it was probably beginners luck ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message