Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

US-EU Ferry price

Hi, everyone!

Could anyone estimate ferry price from central US to Europe or UK?
Aircraft Phenom 100.
Do you think better to look for a freelance pilot or special company?

Thank you

Ukraine

I’ve just been quoted $20,000 by Shepherd Aero (Travis Holland) to ferry a PA46 Jetprop from NY to Europe. Thats all in – pilot, fuel, hotels, return airfare etc.

AFAIK they are a leading company for this service.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

That is what we paid for airport and handling fees for a Mustang 2 year ago.
Fuel is easy to calculate.

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Buckerfan wrote:

I’ve just been quoted $20,000 by Shepherd Aero (Travis Holland) to ferry a PA46 Jetprop from NY to Europe. Thats all in – pilot, fuel, hotels, return airfare etc.

AFAIK they are a leading company for this service.

Travis is the man for this, if you train with him he may give you one of these with your aircraft of the cover …..

Zorge wrote:

Could anyone estimate ferry price from central US to Europe or UK?
Aircraft Phenom 100.

Travis is also the man for these

I suggest you PM @Julian. He does this probably every week.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I thought Wick is in Scotland?

always learning
LO__, Austria

quatrelle wrote:

Travis is also the man for these

Thank you, guys! And who is Travis? :)

Ukraine

Buckerfan wrote:

I’ve just been quoted $20,000 by Shepherd Aero (Travis Holland) to ferry a PA46 Jetprop from NY to Europe.

Travis Holland / Shepherd Aero

https://shepherd.aero/

That quote, given it includes fuel, positioning airfares and overnights is good value. You would also normally get a quote for handling and navigation charges, and insurance would be for the owner’s account.

Other items an owner might want to consider in a ferry contract include: crew health insurance; liability/indemnity – insurance should cover crew and SAR; ops support; AOG tech issues; processing the USA export with associated fees (state sales tax also).

Am sure the experienced ferry companies have this buttoned down, but some outfits are quite informal.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I would also recommend you contact Wade Coggins to give you a quote – I have only good things to say about him, he was very competent at organising not only the ferry flight but everything to do with the purchase / export documentation. His contact details are

admin(at)transconferry.com

If you look at his website, you’ll see his phone details there too…

EDL*, Germany
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message