Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What are the implications of using GoPro HD cameras?

Mine is not that impressive as AeroPlus's, but this is our landing at Tatoi (LGTT) for the Athens Flying Week last week:

(

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

I've never ever landed on the line in the middle like that!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well it wasn't windy :p

I used ducttape to fix a small HD camera to the wingtip. No noticeable difference in flight characteristics.

EHTE

How can you know without an analysis and test program?

Common sense, maybe? You know, I have no POH data for grass runway takeoffs, and no analysis and test program going on, yet I do it all the time. And most shockingly, the authorities are ok with this.

Compared to the performance impact of a wet grass runway, a small camera is harmless...

LSZK, Switzerland

I've never ever landed on the line in the middle like that!

wonderful centerline landing! but only recommended when there are no centerline lights - they can hit your nosewheel really hard at times ... growing up with the airlines, the first thousand hours or so there was always an older chap calling " Centerline, Centerline ..."

EDxx, Germany

i like the idea of using the tie down eyes .. however I have not found the correct fixture for that>

the handlebar or seat pole mounts work fine with a bit of padding

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Just tested the GoPro putting it on the overhead of the C172 with a small screw. The results were excellent – GoPro Studio helps a lot, too.

I once built a platform for a heavy Nikon DSLR to make pictures of the Grob 140 Turboprop Trainer from the outside while doing aerobatics, and I plan to use THAT for my GoPro on the Cirrus. But to tell the truth: you’ve seen one of those movies, you’ve seen them all …

CASA actually banned the use of external cameras (such as GoPros) without an engineer having signed off the installation:

Here

Sign in to add your message