Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paul Bertorelli retires from AvWeb

https://www.avweb.com/insider/i-could-never-get-away-with-this-again/

“I’ll still contribute an occasional guest blog and there may be a video or two left to be produced, but the daily grind passes on to others.”
AvWeb will now be (how do I put it?) less useful to me.

This is few weeks after “AvWeb is now part of the FLYING Media family”.

EGTR

Avweb hasn‘t really been any good for the last 15 years. Before that, now that is a different story…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Avweb has been good at producing nice clear articles summarising key issues.

The takeover of Avweb by (what I believe is) the “Flying” magazine would for sure drive an exodus of staff writers, because the Flying magazine produces almost completely useless reviews which are so shoe-licking they are embarrassing to read. Almost nobody with a critical brain would want to write material which is practically submitted by advertisers.

Paul Bertorelli was not afraid to say something is a load of crap, and someone like that will not survive the new “corporate structure”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Avweb made me laugh one day, and since then, didn’t take them anytime serious again:

“Sometimes the engine on a motorglider doesn’t start.” – LOL – When they can’t set the constant speed propeller from gliding back to the start position, no wonder it doesn’t work. Extremely bad handling and that in a flight review (marketing) video! Just painful to watch.

I’ve seen some videos from Paul Bertorelli as well. He made some interesting videos, but the way of presentation felt nonetheless so old…

Last Edited by Frans at 09 Nov 06:56
Switzerland

I always found his reports very clear eyed and informative – a good journalist in the old mode – no agenda, just informative reporting – and some of his videos were both funny and informative, I doubt he was the sort of type who would take “direction” from a new corporate overlord.

Frans wrote:

Extremely bad handling and that in a flight review (marketing) video! Just painful to watch.

Well, the demo pilot demonstrated his contingency planning he mentioned earlier, you need to have an airfield in gliding distance in case the engine doesn’t start …he had that

Last Edited by Vref at 10 Nov 12:43
EBST

Paul Berturelli was one of those worth listening to. It would be strange if he didn’t continue in some form or the other.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message