Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Run up to Xmas and New Year

I am a frustrated aviator. The local mist over the last two days has scuppered my planned flying. Grrr. When I get frustrated I start to dream and the feet then get very itchy.

Anyhow, I am wondering if anyone might be doing any informal get togethers running up to Xmas and also New Year that Mavis and I can gate crash? Also, anyone planning to fly Xmas day itself or am I the only one without a life?

Also, I am planning two big trips in 2014 in Mavis. Old Hay to Unst and Old Hay to Venice. If anyone else has a similar itch to take their steads on such adventures or similar (always open to suggestions) perhaps we could merge logistics and proceed forth as a “gaggle of geese”?

Ta.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

My plane is being re-sprayed at the moment and wont be back this side of year end :-( Other than a little bit of renting to keep me current, and some mucking around on MS FlightSim, im stuck on the ground. Normally I do try and fly on Boxing Day, and a few years ago our grass runway was completely covered in snow, as was everywhere else of course, and it was great being one of only a few GA aircraft up in the air, while all the others locals with their nice lit up tarmac runways were all SNOCLO ;-). But, if anyone is planning another Charlton Hall or something else in the UK, and I have my plane back, I am up for meetings some of the UK arm of this forum :-)

Funny that. I tried to do Charlton Park Monday past but did not hear back from them re my PPR and in any event the mist scuppered my flying. None the less, I shall make mention of it again when I next get this trip into the diary now I know you are up for a return trip.

Are you doing anything radical with your chariots new clothes?

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Are you doing anything radical with your chariots new clothes?

No, same as before, so we can find it easily ;-) The current scheme looked good and fairly unique so we opted not to change it for one of the more modern swirly looking designs. It just needed a refresh really, and a bit of corrosion being dealt with.

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message