Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cheapest way to get georeferenced airport charts for Europe, on a tablet?

That’s is – just that.

I have old 2008 ones for UK airports, running under Memory Map. They were given away free of charge. They were the UK AIP charts, converted into QCT. I don’t know if MM ever updated those.

My tablet runs win8 so presumably Jepp FD ought to do this, but that’s a pricey product.

Is there some way to download the EAD VFR plates and georeference them? I know I won’t get Germany or Switzerland from that. A few years ago I used to have an “EAD grabber” which would grab a copy of the entire site. Took about 2 days, because they put “robot detection” in so the grabber had to use variable time delays. The whole site was about 20GB. That prog doesn’t work anymore.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Just split a jepp subscription.. The joy of always having all the plates with you outweighs all the hassle.

I used to have one on my laptop as well which I used with flightstar. Today I always carry an Ipad mini and a Google Nexus 7. Both run jepp, skymap and skydemon. So I am fully redundant including OS.

By the way .. An Ipad mini in the cockpit works much better than the normal Ipad.

An Ipad mini in the cockpit works much better than the normal Ipad.

Why?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The x-plane flight simulator has georeferenced airport data for many airports.

Openstreetmap (EGKA) often has runways, taxiways, aprons and airport buildings, but often no labels for taxiways and aprons, so you still need to correlate with another chart to find out taxiway letters

LSZK, Switzerland

By the way .. An Ipad mini in the cockpit works much better than the normal Ipad

Depends on the plane. I have plenty space and a normal iPad is just right for my aging eyesight. lol

United Kingdom

Depends on the plane. I have plenty space and a normal iPad is just right for my aging eyesight. lol

Same here. The full size iPad works perfectly well in all cockpits that I tried it in (and that includes a C152 with both seats occupied) and I don’t need reading glasses for the ILS frequencies and minima.

Last Edited by what_next at 11 May 11:31
EDDS - Stuttgart
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message