Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

What kind of topics would you most like to see on EuroGA?

How you recruit people is a very interesting question.

Speaking of students, if I take myself back to 2000 when I started the PPL, I knew nothing. All knowledge came from the instructors. They obviously didn’t tell me about pilot forums, and anyway back then the internet was very new to the public. There were no experienced pilots hanging around – the schools discouraged that. So I think student pilots find out about a forum from aviation mags lying around (which will favour those run by aviation mag publishers) and nowadays possibly by doing a google for something and discovering one then. EuroGA has excellent SEO, courtesy of David, but that won’t do anything unless somebody is already online and searching.

I too wish there were more students here, asking basic questions.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The trip reports both VFR and IFR help make the site – have not had an opportunity for a long trip so in lurking mode on this topic, but hope the Euroga fly in results in some trip reports.

I had hoped to make a visit this week to Milan, but EZY was used instead, probably sensible as weather tomorrow may not be as nice on the way back.

I still hope to post a photo of the Super Cub under ex premier Berlusconi’s BBJ wing, the Aztec always seemed to get parking in that spot.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I like reading trip reports. A few more VFR trips would be good too, no matter how simple. I like seeing how other pilots minds work. I don’t post as much as I once did but I do know that lurkers used to read them and enjoy (I think) and I know that by comments made outside the forums. I also enjoy the replies I get, mainly from RobertL18C and Silvaire. Thank you. I actually can learn bits and bobs from these replies and sometimes I even apply some of the suggestions to my flying. An example of this was when I first started flying Mavis. Lots of useful info gleaned about what makes a Luscombe tick.

Anyhow, weather permitting I am doing a simple trip from Shoreham to Humberside this weekend in the Archer this time and on Monday I am flying the Cub as part the Flying Clubs outing from Shoreham. I am sure I will have a few anecdotes to bore you with after the weekend. After the trip to Humberside I think I must have a change of scenery. 3 times up that way in the last 1.5 months is taking the mick. Hehehehe

Anyhow, lets have more trip reports.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

I’ll second on the trip reports, I do enjoy those most. I’m getting a lot out of everything else as well and the level of expertise around avionics, engines and all that other stuff I know sweet nothing about is very useful too. I suspect (to David’s SEO expertise) this is how many people find the forum.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I think the mix is good. And if someone wants to start a thread, what’s stopping them?

Tököl LHTL

Too much “EASA bashing” for my taste.

+1. Especially since EASA has proven they are serious about create easier rules for GA.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

what_next wrote:

EASA started to become operational in 2006. That was 10 years ago

JAR before that, different name, same thing.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

JAR before that, different name, same thing.

So why was there next to no JAR-bashing then and lots of EASA bashing now if they are/were the same?

EDDS - Stuttgart

A good thread for analysing how JAA and EASA damaged (or didn’t damage) GA is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I’d like to see more offers of spare seats in executive jets across the pond!

Forever learning
EGTB
Sign in to add your message