Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Commonwealth Games 2014

I’ve just received with the CAA ‘CluedUp’ magazine a guide to restrictions for Glasgow 2014. Looking at it I think I won’t be tempted to go anywhere near the area from 13 July – 6 August when hopefully things will return to normal.
I wonder how ‘apps’ like Skydemon cope with this amount of temporary complicated airspace?

jxk
EGHI, United Kingdom

Last year ‘down south’ we had the London RAT area for the Olympics, and SkyDemon updated it’s charts with a download, as did another device I had at the time which was based on the CAA chart. It will be visible and you will get the appropriate warnings as well as NOTAM’s etc… For me and my group, my airfield was one of those on the edge of the zone and we couldn’t be bothered with phoning up and getting squawks to leave the zone, so we moved the plane elsewhere temporarily and flew to other places well away from London. Pilots who I spoke to claim it wasn’t really the nightmare people thought it might be, but I know one person was met by the local heli-police for believing his code had been accepted and he was cleared to cut a corner and enter the zone temporarily, when it was another aircraft who had been cleared. Apparently the radio was pretty busy on occasions (sunny days no doubt).

2 Posts
Sign in to add your message