Welcome to our forums

Friday 13th

Better do your preflight checks extra carefully today

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Not flying today. lol

United Kingdom

Better do your preflight checks extra carefully today

Nothing to fly with, the replacement engine (*) will only arrive on Monday and the other plane I fly is away with a different crew until tomorrow. And no students in sight either. But I will take extra care when I start my lawnmower in a few minutes…

• They are just removing the failed one and it turns out that the fuel we were spilling on the tarmac while taxiing in came out of a fuel line that had ruptured due to the vibrations. So it was not the fuel control unit as in their first analysis.
EDDS - Stuttgart

Is it on a PW or a Williams engine? Williams changed all the pipes on one of ours recently for what seemed to me a strange reason (Starter Generator failure) but it was apparently in case vibration had damaged them.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Is it on a PW or a Williams engine?

PW

EDDS - Stuttgart

Well, I must have done an ok preflight. Did circuit bashing in Mavis. Lost count of how many I did but circuits are a great way to sharpen up sloppy flying. Happy to say Mavis treated the Ally Cat well and the romance just blossoms. Weather depending, I have a corker of a trip planned for Monday and may bore you all with a write up if it happens and if I can be ar**d.

There was a rather unusual aircraft parked at the strip that had me stumped and I had to go research it. Turns out it is a tri gear Beagle A.109. I am told the tri gear version is rather rare.

I love the ever changing visa the strip presents me each time I go out there and thought you might enjoy the few I post here.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Nice photos! Seeing the rivet lines through the windscreen and reading of circuits gives me the idea that you could try some landings from the right seat… Take somebody who can fly from the left though, its kind of weird crabby thing in a Luscombe until you learn to fight your view of the rivet line in front of you, the one that’s curving the ‘wrong’ way.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 13 Jun 20:21

Well, in the US it was unlucky indeed. Robert Rockefeller (MD) died when his Meridian crashed near Westchester County Airport this morning.

Link

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It was also the last Friday 13th on which there is a full moon, until 2049.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

until 2049.

OK, all who read this now can have a free drink at my expense and to my good health then IF they are still around (and of course, if I still am…)

Peter, hadn’t you better mark this as a future euroga fly-in date?

But it was a grand sight, last night, yes, as always.

Last Edited by at 14 Jun 17:00
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message