Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A good idea for your car

I think it was a Brit that wanted to feel more at home in his foreign car but I like the idea with two steering wheels. Would make the transition from/to aircraft much easier. I have to admit that after many hours of flying and entering my car, I see myself pulling on the steering wheel when driving away.

That’s hilarious, though the ‘driver’ presumably doesn’t load up the wife and kids (or husband and kids if it was a female idea) for a long day out in it. You wouldn’t want to bang your head on either of those wheels in an accident. My Wife used to be a driving instructor and thankfully her dual control pedals were a bit more concealed than those :-) This kind of ‘engineering’ reminded me of a time at school when in the workshop, a friend of mine created a walking frame / aid for the elderly, unfortunately he wasn’t very economic in terms of materials and you would have had to be someone like Geoff Capes in a dress to even begin to move it.

I know what you mean about flying and driving. There is always that voice in your head that quietly says “rotate” as soon as the needle hits 70.

First thing I thought of was the (inside!) car sticker of a couple of decades ago: “RIJ JIJ OF RIJ IK” (now who’s the driver here, you or me)

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

When I was seven, my dad did a good investment. he bought me a toy steering wheel to be mounted just like this, so that I would be occupied and not start nagging on longer drives. He did de-activate the horn though.. I got my driver’s licence pretty quick, so I guess it also served as a good simulator.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

There is always that voice in your head that quietly says “rotate” as soon as the needle hits 70.

Such has never been my issue (we all have our own, I reckon…)
My usual one is to taxi in after landing, neatly park the plane at the hangar, then fumble around for the “rearward” gear.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message