Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Strip near Croydon, Surrey

Does anyone know of a 300m+ strip ok for a Eurostar EV97 near to Croydon, Surrey.

I’ve been denied access to Biggin Hill as the EV97 is a microlight! Biggin suggested Redhill but by the time getting to Redhill station, train and then sorted the other end it’s not not to be much different than driving the whole trip from Cheltenham to Croydon and back.

Only other aircraft I’ve access to is a C150 from Kemble or a PA28 from Brize and the drive to either’s not worth the time factor.

I’ve a meeting in West Croydon Tuesday or Wednesday this week for a couple of hours. Would be in and out back to Gloucester the same day. Thanks Jude
EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS

I can’t suggest a strip but the UK countryside is full of 400m farmers’ fields, and many farmers are keen on diversification. You should not have a problem finding somewhere suitable. The hardest bit is finding a suitable field and then finding who “operates” it.

700-800m is much harder (been there, done that).

One thing which is disliked at most existing strips is any kind of syndicate – apparently due to the resulting higher flight frequency.

Last Edited by Peter at 03 Aug 13:43
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message