Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Anti N-reg provisions - EASA FCL and post-brexit UK FCL

Come on… it’s 100% obvious. Every past deadline April 2012 2014 2016 was postponed at literally the last moment. The last one was just an obscure document posted where nobody would find it. It’s just standard politics – minimising the loss of face, and possibly other reasons.

The bottom line is that one should not expect any advance notice on this process because we never got one previously.

The OP’s profile is empty and he didn’t say what country he is in, but if he is UK then there is also Brexit which will finish off the “EC resident operator” clause in EASA FCL.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for all your input. Based on it, I think it is better for me to apologize later than to ask the authorities for permission first. Great site!

It’s that time of year again

The (unconverted) N reg community have 66 days of flying left before the current postponement of the EASA pilot licensing regs runs out.

Some months ago there were rumours that these regs would be postponed indefinitely but I have seen nothing formal/definitive on the subject. So can anyone ‘in the know’ with EASA let us know what, if anything, is planned and when?

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Hi Guys.
I have some questions about N-reg in europe. I am russian citizen with faa license. I am going to fly an N-reg aircraft in Europe. Especially Austria. 2 times per month I think we will fly to Russia. other time will fly across the europe. Am I legal to do it?
Once I have entered EU airspace and land ,do I not need a new flight permission to go to another EU country again?
thanks

As far as flying is concerned, you have a US pilot certificate which entitles you to fly a civil aircraft of the United States in any ICAO member state. That’s what you need, apart from the other usual N-Reg paperwork (see @Peter ’s website)

The visa is a little more complicated. A visa for one Schengen state may or may not be valid for all, but not all EU states are Schengen and not all Schengen states are EU. There are several different kinds of “Schengen visa” . Some details here.

In theory the Schengen area has no internal borders, but this theory is currently under stress.

In general, you must file a flight plan when crossing an international airspace boundary, even in Schengenland.

If you come to the UK which is not in Schengen but still in the EU (just) you’ll be welcome, but you will need a visa in advance.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Exactly but the flying aspect is simple. Visa is the same if you fly yourself or commercial.

EGTK Oxford

The list of documents you need is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have permanent german residence card and russian passport ,so I do not care about visa. The main question is about FAA licensce and N-reg in Europe.

FAA Licence and N Reg in Europe is fine; the only threat that you may have read about, starting in April, does not apply to you, unless you are resident in the EU.

If you are EU resident, then you may need to have an EASA licence and IR after April, but most of us do not think that the Commission will allow that to happen.

There is an interesting question in your case, I suppose, as to whether claiming to be a German Resident for visa purposes makes you an EU resident for aviation purposes.

But if that does happen, you will be in the same mess as thousands of other FAA licence holders in April.

Last Edited by Timothy at 02 Feb 07:46
EGKB Biggin Hill

Does it make difference who is the owner of the aircraft. US or EU citizen I mean. and I am going to fly outside EU each month,do I still may need in this case an EASA license?

Sign in to add your message