Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The long road to ownership

I was hoping one can’t read the reg properly :D

Beautiful plane…..join MAPA and visit MooneySpace if you haven’t already done so…. Being Swiss registered I don’t believe you will be able to benefit from the EMPOA insurance deal with Axa though…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Now, if you can only stop yourself from upgrading each part of your new (old) plane, one piece at a time, you’ll be a happier richer man than me!

Have fun!

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

Congratulations Shorrick!

Wow, I really am delighted to see you eventually went for a Mooney, and not just a Mooney but an Ovation too.

Wonderful airplane! I believe it is the Ovation which did a flight to the Emirates a while ago. Of course, the Ovation is the perfect long range single with a range of over 2000 NM. I remember seeing this one advertized on one of the dealer sites in Switzerland and I admit thinking, um, lovely. If I remember right, it must be one with Monroy long haul tanks (120 USG useable?) and a pretty good IFR avionic too and generally pretty low hours.

Have fun! The Ovation is a plane which will keep you happy for a long time to come. Quite a few worldrounders have chosen the ovation as it is pretty much the only plane with this kind of range out of the factory. Combined with a good 180 kt speed, you really can go places in this plane.

Maybe you will do a shorter range flight at some time and we can meet up someplace in Switzerland!

Again congratulations!

Best regards
Urs

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 17 Sep 21:42
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Hi Urs – indeed it is the LR one that went to Dubai (among other places). Apparently the trick is to match your drinking rate with your perspiration rate ^^. It has about 300 hours both engine and prop so (touching wood) should be good for a little while… and yes, as soon as I’m done with my conversion training I’ll let you pick the place :)

Anthony – no deal with EMPOA but there is a 10% off deal with Antique Airplane Association (so I can also brag about “flying an antique” :) ).

Very nice aircraft, congratulations!

A very fine beast! No need for a turbo as the big Conti should be good up to FL200.

Once nearly bought a 20E so have retained a soft spot for the type.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Hi Shorrick,

Apparently the trick is to match your drinking rate with your perspiration rate

too scientific for me :) We do own a high tech toilet for ours.

Maybe for your range, you need something like this plus the “lady adaptor” supplied with the “little john” :)

Actually, we never yet used ours in anger, despite some 4 hour flights.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Why does every discussion on EuroGA at some point arrive at the “pee in the aircraft” subject?

Looks like a tremendous aircraft. Many happy landings.

Mooney Driver, your pictures give a new meaning to landing with full tanks

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message