Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Re-registering aircraft

Peter at 04 > EASA had a chance to do it but instead brought in the need for dual pilot papers,>

Can you just briefly explain this i.e "dual pilot papers".

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

In essence, if you are based in the EU then you need to have not only the licenses/ratings required under ICAO by the State of the aircraft registry (e.g. FAA papers for an N-reg, as always in the past) but you also need EASA versions of these.

More info here.

There are no proposed restrictions on overflight or long term parking of foreign reg aircraft. Only the pilots are getting screwed if the "operator" (a term not defined in the regulation) is EU based (also not defined in the regulation).

There are lots of unknown/undefined/unclear aspects to this, but it is law which has been passed by Brussels.

It looks like there is a general delay in implementation (a "derogation") throughout much if not all of the EU, till April 2014, or maybe a year later if you appear to be starting on a conversion route.

That's why I did the JAA IR conversion even though it is not even valid to fly my aircraft once out of UK airspace.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter - what a nightmare!!!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message