Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Health / Food / Blood Pressure (merged)

I found cutting out sugar quite easy in tea. When I was in my final year of university, I ran out of sugar, and forgot to buy any more for a couple of weeks. When I did and put it in my tea I wondered how I ever drank it so sickly sweet, and I’ve never put sugar in tea since.

That’s a common experience. Same with replacing dairy milk with oat or soya milk; after a while dairy milk tastes sickly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hasn’t this been very extensively researched and found not to come with any health issues? Do you have anything specific in mind?

The talks I’ve seen related to diabetes and metabolic syndrome rather than cancers – which is what they worried about when I was younger. It’s not something I have any expertise on, but it seems to be an area of active research i.e. not yet settled.

A google on e.g.
sweeteners and gut bacteria
digs up enough reading material to be of concern, particularly when it comes to weight gain which is difficult or impossible to control. It’s a nasty effect; you can try to eat less but you keep gaining weight. In this respect it’s a bit like hypothyroidism; that’s another thing which there seems to be an epidemic of.

Of course someone can always find enough stuff online to refuse it…

Administrator

Now it’s finally been officially admitted

Administrator

Maybe this time my dinner would meet with approval.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

YUM !!

on Peter’s advice (thanks doc), I’ve started my hibiscus infusion intake tonight, medical end of next week. The stuff doesn’t taste anything like a cool one or a turfy single malt, but is actually pretty good. Beautiful color too.
A good offset to our Spanish fly-out, and 10 days healthier living for 2023

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

From here

Pig wrote:

Try failing your ECG because you’re too fit…..

How ? Low rest BPM ?

EGTF, LFTF

Another benefit of a little bit of fasting before going in, is that your BP will drop significantly. If you have white coat syndrome like I do, it gives me an extra calmness and margin. By not eating for 48hrs before, you can easily drop 10 points.

denopa wrote:

Low rest BPM ?

I had this on a medical when I was running seriously in my early/mid 20s. They just got me to do some press-ups, so easy enough to increase the heart rate.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message