Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Saucats English Breakfast - 21st March 2015 12h00 local

Hello.

You are all cordially invited to the next English Breakfast Fly-In at Bordeaux Saucats Airfield.

The event will take place on Saturday 21st March at 12h00 local.

Landing and parking are free.

Price is 10 € per person including tea and coffee.

Avgas is available at competitive prices.

Please book with James on +33 677 636 841 or by email to contact(at)anglaisbordeaux(dot)fr

See you there !

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

How many €uros would French Customs want to authorise a flight from the UK, to one of these airports which otherwise cannot be flown to from the UK?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

9 – Douanes, Police / Customs, Police : NIL.

I’d say it cannot be done… Unless requesting a special treatment because there’s an event, but who can say if they would accept.

You’d have to clear Customs somewhere else… I don’t know if you can clear Customs at Mérignac and leave without going thourgh (and paying) a handling agent.

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

The normal route from the UK would be via Caen which in 2014 was €4.48 (1400kg TB20) and that includes the ILS and everything

But you waste an hour or so, each way, possibly with extra weather risk (climbing back up into icing conditions).

Administrator

I see…
Well Bordeaux has Customs H24 but handling is north of 75EUR (with added “bonus” of 50% on Sundays and bank holidays…)
Maybe you can call and see whether you’d have to go through an agent for this or if the agents have a special price…. Somehow i doubt it.

OTOH you’ll find below the legal text listing all Customs airports in 3 lists in decreasing order of availability (first list is H24)
http://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/affichTexte.do?cidTexte=LEGITEXT000019430064

so you have options…
Rennes (list 2), or Angers (3), or Le Mans (3) or Angouleme (3) or La rochelle (3)

So, i was thinking that the discussion around Toussus was a bit ubuesque at the end of the day.

You’d have more luck in La Rochelle for which there is no NOTAM and only an 4h PN for Customs and Police
(this with being in the “List 3” so supposedly less available for those services than Toussus…)

Someone still has to explain to me a breakfast at 12:00. Even in France, people are supposed to be at their second meal of the day, at that time. Much as I like English breakfast, it is only really good in the early morning.

Last Edited by at 11 Mar 17:54
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

OK, perhaps I should call it a “lunchtime fry-up” or perhaps a brunch. Either way, people will be eating sausage and bacon….

You may also get more people flying in if the food is going to be edible

If you want to eat fatty stuff, you fly to Wellesbourne

I am sure France can do better…

But maybe I am missing the point of this exercise?

Administrator

The event is mainly aimed at French-based UK pilots looking for a taste of home, and French pilots wanting to practice English.

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message