Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Unst

Hello.

Thanks to everyone that contacted me via pm’s to offer suggestions of help re sourcing an aircraft for my trip. I now have wings to get me there and back. Not the fastest or the most exciting kid on the block but none the less they are wings and more importantly the flying can be shared as we are both ok on type. :-)

I wonder if I could ask anybody that has flown to Unst to pm me contact details or even post on this thread. I know The Shetland Council control the airfield but it would save me an enormous amount of time and energy if I had a contact directly to someone that would know what I am talking about. The airfield if for emergency use and air ambulance so formal PPR is critical. I do know of several people that have obtained permission to land there. Unfortunately due to Computer and mobile changes I have lost a lot of useful contacts.

Thank you.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

PPR Unst has been granted. Woop Woop.

It is always such a pleasure to deal with the Scots. Being half Scots, I am not bias am I. Hehehe.

I sent a generic email to the Council, to no one in particular and not really expecting any response to the email, but hey presto, I received a very friendly and helpful email from the aviation folk there. I somehow doubt I would have had a response had I done the same down South. :-) Very straightforward PPR which I did not expect as well.

If anyone ever wishes to fly to Unst, PM me and I will let you have all the contact details and requirements.

So, I just need a fresh medical (fingers crossed) and some flyable weather. Not asking for much am I. Oh, and the bonus would be, a fresh IMCr but not a deal breaker. :-)

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message