Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA Aviation around Berlin

Hi Sebastian,
Thanks for the tips. Just sent an email to the school.

Regarding the flying club, I find the membership a little bit expensive consider that each flight hour will cost 150€. Just think it would be better deal to have my own aircraft and maybe sell a share later or perhaps buy a share from a local aircraft.

Thanks for letting me know about the meet up I would be happy to join but I guess for the 3rd of July is too short notice. I will gladly join the following one.

Berlin EDAY

4) I am 34. I know it would be very difficult if not impossible as you said, but I already invested a lot of money and I cannot go back in time. I doing pretty good in my career on the ground and I am grateful that I am not unemployed nor frustrated as many youngsters but at the same time I don’t want to miss any rare opportunity that might show up just because I don’t have my qualifications up to date.

Maybe you can find a way to combine the two – your ground job and your flying. Try to get in touch with King-Air operators among your customers. Maybe you can fly with one of them a day per week or so. This will give you very valuable turbine experience and a King Air type rating is not that expenive. You might even consider not to renew your MEP class rating (which has become almost useless in the commercial environment) and go straight for the KA rating after you have your SEP/IR back. With a couple of hundred King Air hours you will really stand out of the crowd when you apply for jobs.

Regards
Max

NB: Myself, I only gave up my ground job at age 45 in exchange of a bizjet position. Before that, I flew (and instructed) on piston twins for two decades beside my other job. I would still do that today (you get paid a lot better on the ground than in the air…), but there are no more piston twins operated commercially. And very few twin turboprops. (Unless one has connections!)

Last Edited by what_next at 25 Jun 12:59
EDDS - Stuttgart

I’ve explored that possibility as well, to take FI and give instruction in parallel with my job, but there are few schools around here with even less students and they don’t want an instructor who doesn’t speak german !!

Thanks for the advice, however I think there are not much King-air’s around here where I could combine with the office work. Maybe I can persuade the company to purchase one and I would fly the GM for meetings.

Berlin EDAY

Tiagoarne wrote:

I’ve explored that possibility as well, to take FI and give instruction in parallel with my job

Don’t do it. The flying school I posted is full of part time ATPL wanna be airline instructors working obviously for close to nothing.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message