Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to find EASA (or UK post-brexit) regs?

Peter wrote:

the UK is not going to diverge except

So, nothing has really changed.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

VMC definition in Class D and pilot medical Self-Declaration, that’s the “take back control” for now

Some stuff will be fiasco unless UK converges back to EU law soon or just push it all together pre-JAR: IMCr rating future, Basic IR introduction and Part-Glide are 3 examples, where things are in “bad state half-way”…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Give it time

The IMCR has been preserved and that is big. One could argue that Brussels would not have been able to terminate it, but we don’t know that, and that did remain the plan.

The PMD is also big, with reportedly half of the UK GA scene using it.

The problem is that the ANO is just as unreadable as EASA regs, but at least you know where to find the latest version

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The problem is that the ANO is just as unreadable as EASA regs, but at least you know where to find the latest version

… and it appears to contradict SERA/PART-NCO – ANO says (as I read it) that for any IFR flight you need a DME, while it is not the case in SERA/PART-NCO.

EGTR

huv wrote:

Yes, and the ORS4 exceptions to SERA continue to apply, the most important ones being:

• ORS4 1174 Exceptions to minimum height requirements (can fly VFR as low as you want as long as 500ft from persons/structures/vessels)
  • ORS4 1341 VMC minima in Class G by day (min vis in Class G by day is 1500m, provided flight is below the higher of 3000ft AMSL or 1000ft AGL, speed less than 140kt)
  • ORS4 1342 VFR and SVFR at night (less restrictive height requirements for VFR at night, SVFR at night is allowed)
  • ORS4 1423 Compliance with cruising level requirements (no need to comply with the semi-circular rule)

In general all of these exceptions are to be LESS restrictive than EASA, which I believe is a good thing. Are there any examples where the UK is “more” restrictive than EASA?

Last Edited by Alpha_Floor at 02 Mar 10:53
EDDW, Germany

arj1 wrote:

… and it appears to contradict SERA/PART-NCO – ANO says (as I read it) that for any IFR flight you need a DME, while it is not the case in SERA/PART-NCO.

Yp to last year, it was quite clear that this requirement in the ANO had no legal force as EU legislation always override national legislation. Now it is not at all clear as in the UK part-NCO is not EU legislation anymore but national legislation which have adopted the text of the EU legislation.

So now there is indeed an interesting contradiction.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Alpha_Floor wrote:

In general all of these exceptions are to be LESS restrictive than EASA, which I believe is a good thing. Are there any examples where the UK is “more” restrictive than EASA?

Strictly speaking, none of these are less restrictive than EASA, as SERA explicitly allows member states to make these kinds of changes. They are, of course, less restrictive than the default in SERA.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

Welcome to the party 👍

always learning
LO__, Austria

WilliamF wrote:

Published 16 Dec 2021 – A handy reference with everything in the one place…

https://www.easa.europa.eu/document-library/easy-access-rules/easy-access-rules-aircrew-regulation-eu-no-11782011

and in PDF https://www.easa.europa.eu/downloads/115485/en

It’s been around for years, but apparently updated the other day. Thanks for noticing. (I keep copies of the most important regulations.)

Sign in to add your message