Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Do we need paper documents for weather?

Mooney_Driver wrote:

I can’t see much sense in discussing their operational decision to require this of their students in an open GA forum

My original question was if it is a requirement (e.g. legal) and something I have to consider in my flying. It just blew up too much for which I am sorry.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

it is pretty much the average which previous familiarisations have taken.

Exactly what I was told and what I have (mentally) prepared for.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Let me just add one thing….

Enjoy your check-out. Although I don’t know the specific aircraft, Mooneys are fun to fly, and on the plus-side, doing a bit of cross-country in the checkout is much nicer than bashing the circuit and the same old local area.

Biggin Hill

Cobalt,

well, just so you get the idea

She’ll be 50 years old this year but still going strong.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 21 Aug 20:42
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Nice. I like the vintage colour scheme, but understand the quip made above a bit better.

Any particular reason the VSI tape on the PFD is off?

Biggin Hill

IIRC the VSI displays only or there is a vertical speed component (on the Aspen)

LFPT, LFPN

Yea, the colour scheme is pretty vintage, someone told me it was inspired by a Bond movie. As you can imagine, after the Avionic upgrade I don´t exactly have money now to do a repaint. Actually, as the paint on the fusellage is on good condition, I don´t think I will do that in a long time, but I´d like to get the wings repainted. Will see how and when we can do that.

The Aspen only shows the VSI if there is a vertical speed component. Equally wind is only shown above a certain threshold, 3 kt I believe.

Have to say I am extremely happy with the new setup. It comes very close to what I wanted (if the DCF90 had a STC for my plane I´d be tempted) and it is a totally new feel to fly like this than it was before.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Equally wind is only shown above a certain threshold, 3 kt I believe.

10kt

67 Posts
Sign in to add your message