Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The social side of flying

That’s probably the best of both worlds and I can very well imagine doing something like that in the foreseeable future for a limited period of time! You obviously need to make the investment in the FI rating etc. without expecting it to ever “pay off” in a financial sense (but then when does it ever, in aviation…).

Well I am about to embark on my CRI, 30th of this month, followed by my FI, March 2017. Sold my main business, thought do I buy this, buy that, but in the end thought, this is what I want to do. Time will tell…..

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

That’s very commendable, @BeechBaby

A change of life towards something enjoyable is always worth doing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thank you Peter. Plan to give three days a week to it, and try and make money the other four days!!!!!

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

lowandslow wrote:

I have to say that some of the most interesting people I have met are those gravitating for fun in general aviation.

I agree. My wife and I just spent the night with a fellow who lives with his plane at Spruce Creek, in Florida. I’d met him briefly only once before but he invited us to visit so he could teach me something based on his 44 year ownership of ‘our’ type, aerobatic flying displays and etc. We had a ball, flew two flights, lots of social interaction with some of the 300 hangar home owners there (some part time European residents included) and per his plan I learned a lot. What a great experience, and how nice of him to have us visit.

Yesterday before he and my wife took a nap (not together!) he handed me a binder and said I might enjoy it. It was the US importer’s records from the early 70s. He inherited them at some point after the importer committed suicide (a long story in itself). Anyway, as well as a lot of interesting photos I found the original factory-to-importer sales invoice and transatlantic shipping paperwork for my own plane, in pristine condition from 1971, which was kind of cool.

P.S. I learned according to my host that there are five SX300s at Spruce Creek.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 22 Nov 22:12
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message