Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How would one do a prebuy on a plane far away?

It should not cost much to register a Lein. However, a lein only crops up when one does not pay for work/services rendered or done. It’s a bit like a CCJ, or a charge on you as an individual, or company.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Over the years we have bought and sold aircraft internationally. We have always used a local maintenance company to do a pre buy, and when we have been selling the purchasers have done the same. We’ve never had any issues.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

It should not cost much to register a Lein. However, a lein only crops up when one does not pay for work/services rendered or done. It’s a bit like a CCJ, or a charge on you as an individual, or company.

I can see you can register a lien on an aircraft, but what evidence is required to get it registered?

I know that a CCJ can be obtained very easily and if you follow a certain procedure you can get it done without the “target” finding out until much later (when they get refused credit). Somebody did it to me once…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

BeechBaby wrote:

I am in the process of buying a plane, in Spain. I live in Glasgow.

Do you have a registered “tax number” wit the Spanish tax authority ? THis is required to complete the transaction and can take 3 months to obtain.

Are you aware of the special “property transaction” tax of approx. 5% that is due from the Buyer (hence the above tax number) ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael, yes I am aware of this. My guy on the ground, through his notary, is organising this. Also, I am free to leave the aeroplane in a hanger at Malaga, until everything is in place. I am also leaving the aeroplane on the Spanish register, which appears to assist somewhat.

EGPF Glasgow

BeechBB – Now you’ve piqued my curiosity : watcha buying ?

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Ha, Ha, that would be a tellin Michael. To save me looking like a total dork, the deal should conclude with me in Malaga next week. In fact I was just checking flights and a hotel room for the night. I will post a photograph, either of the aeroplane I have just bought, or of an empty wallet

EGPF Glasgow

BeechBaby wrote:

either of the aeroplane I have just bought, or of an empty wallet

They are synonymous are they not?

EGTK Oxford

Yes Jason, they certainly are…….I thought I may have learned a lesson along the way. Evidently not.

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 14 Sep 14:30
EGPF Glasgow

OK, I’ll take a WAG then: it’s wingspan is just 20’ …

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message