Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aviation friendly country - for a company

Quote but we have assessed the net effect of a “leave” vote as nil at worst. The “single market” does not apply to our products

It is not the sales I’m worried about as we have customers outside EU (e.g. Switzerland, Canada and US). We have assets around Europe.
A building and pension funds in Germany, some insurances in NL….
85% of assets and money is in non UK-EU countries.

United Kingdom

GREECE : Definitely a No Go for business. The last country in the world to acknowledge ULs,another 20 years of talks to accept seaplanes and the licencing of aero-seaports,small uninhabited AFIS aerodromes with crazy or few opening hours.Plus complicated,underexplained,ever -changing regulations in unison with heavy taxation,make this would be paradise an unfriendly reality.

LGGG

If you are moving, why not go the whole hog and go for a truly low tax environment for business, not just for aviation. Of course most are outside the EU, except Ireland.

Places that spring to mind include Ireland, the Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I have noticed that some companies have moved to Malta. Apart from being a bit off the beaten track, it appears to have a decent aviation infrastructure.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Neil wrote:

Of course most are outside the EU, except Ireland.

Ireland is far from low tax, as far as personal taxes go. Corporates get a good deal at a straight 12.5%, but as soon as you want to take some of it out, you’re essentially looking at 51% after €34K of earnings, or 52% after €70K.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

Ireland is far from low tax, as far as personal taxes go.

Fair enough, I had only considered business taxation.

I found a list of the “TAX FREEDOM DAY” for the EU. This represents the day on which you have paid your taxes for the year.

MARCH 31 Cyprus
APRIL 19 Malta
28 Ireland
MAY 9 United Kingdom
18 Bulgaria
JUNE 2 Luxembourg
7 Denmark
7 Spain
8 Slovenia
10 Lithuania
12 Portugal
13 Estonia
14 Poland
18 Croatia
18 Latvia
18 Netherlands
19 Czech Republic
19 Slovakia
21 Sweden
22 Finland
23 Romania
JULY 2 Italy
10 Germany
14 Greece
17 Hungary
25 Austria
29 France
AUGUST 6 Belgium

Ireland looks pretty good to me.

The problem is that the lowest taxes are normally found in countries which you may not want to live in, for various reasons

But what taxes are at issue anyway? Corporation tax is paid on net taxable profits, but your ability to minimise those depends on various factors which may or may not be present.

And you have to look at the whole picture. For a small company which you own 100%, the company money is your money, in as much as you draw the whole distributable profit as a dividend or salary. In the UK you get a tax credit on dividend income if CT has been paid on the profit (an accountant can explain it better).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Neil wrote:

I found a list of the “TAX FREEDOM DAY” for the EU. This represents the day on which you have paid your taxes for the year.

Holy cow. So the “cheapest” country in Europe taxes people out of 3 salaries? And never mind the last group, which taxes more than half of the year of people?

Just had a look. Switzerland calculates the TID without health care, as that is separate. Based on that, the average is about March 15. Some sources claim that with health care it’s somewhere in May, just checked: Mine is May 8th. So interesting to see that we also have sunk into the EU range.

Hmm. So Malta, Cyprus and Bulgaria are actually cheaper in terms of taxation, but heaven help those who live in the taxation hells of the last group…

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Peter wrote:

In the UK you get a tax credit on dividend income if CT has been paid on the profit (an accountant can explain it better).

Until April 5th 2016 anyway.

Sign in to add your message