Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

For 1st April / a GA wish list

I already have an Ipad

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

aart wrote:

And he then makes the mistake of putting it in a syndicate…

And someone does a hot start on it while parked at Helgoland :-)

Andreas IOM

Sounds more like a wish list than April jokes…..

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

MedFlyer wrote:

AFISOs now work sunrise to sunset.

German airfields can now be used w/o Flugleiter

LFPT, LFPN

alioth wrote:

And someone does a hot start on it while parked at Helgoland :-)

Helgoland? No, Courchevel!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I already have an Ipad

Apparently you were tricked in buying a clone, because the original would be an iPad

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

This year I did not have to fix anything on our aircraft after getting it back from the annual

CenturionFlyer
LKLT

The International Civil Aviation Authority, in an effort to further improve flight safety, has issued a dictum that future official flight information phraseology will no longer be acceptable with only a singular negative, but must instead include double negatives. So for instance the phrase “not below 2,000 feet” will be replaced by the phrase “not not above 2000 feet”.

A spokesman was heard to say “We very much hope that his new dictum will not not lead to an improvement in flight safety.”

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

@Howard: You’re laughing, but there are programm languages (like Matlab) where “not not” is actually a useful idiom for conversion to Boolean (~~foo).

LFHN, LSGP, LFHM

Ah well Zorg, I have an IT degree myself (albeit from the days when computers were usually at least the size of cupboards), but we’re talking ATC language here and not boolean logic. In my opinion, too many aviation documents are written in obtuse language, with far too many negative clauses. Many such documents are impenetrable, and the CAA and ICAO could do well to learn about The Plain English Campaign to which parts of the UK Government have subscribed in terms of their law-making. For instance, UK tax law, if not likeable, is at least more easily understood than it was even ten years ago, because it is written in much plainer English.

Not Not Howard

Last Edited by Howard at 02 Apr 12:44
Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message