Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nails on the runway (and other crazy things) - aircraft haters at their worst

denopa wrote:

There are crazy people out there. Looking for pictures of my plane on Flicker, I ran into this one which was strange because the title said “Viol N41518” which means “Rape N41518” instead of “Vol N41518” (“Flight N41518”). Looking at other pictures from the same person, she’s been tracking all the flights near her house and accusing the pilots of committing “feminicide” (a fashionable term at the moment). She lives near an airbase :-/

Looking at the flickr page, that person appears to have a mental problem. Apparently she has been tracking overflying aircraft since 2007, calling people nazis and even doxing aircraft owners.

“Ce dossier de 100.000 photos, constitué depuis janvier 2007 à ce jour, est destiné à servir à argumenter un dossier pour diverses plaintes auprès de diverses instances pénales tant Européenne qu’Internationale.” (“This file of 100,000 photos, built up from January 2007 to date, is intended to be used to argue a case for various complaints to various European and international criminal authorities.”)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 10 Aug 11:10
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

She is just taking plane spotting to the extreme :)

At least one of our club aircraft has a honorable mention by her as well many years ago.

Peter wrote:

Here in the UK, if the airport is unlicensed, nothing can be done. If it is licensed, the CAA can get involved.

I wonder how that can be, for whoever did this is obviously creating a dangerous obstacle for any aircraft operating from the strip.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Peter wrote:

This just happened in the UK. A farmer stacking up hay at the end of somebody’s runway

Deliberate or ignorance? One would like to think the latter, but without the history…

MedEwok wrote:

I wonder how that can be, for whoever did this is obviously creating a dangerous obstacle for any aircraft operating from the strip.

The general thinking of “unlicensed airport” is that there is no guarantee that the operation is safe on the airport side, so pilot takes lot of responsibility to make sure it is safe and nothing is bent (actually this comes as a big issue for pilot training)

Load of them (here Numthampsted) are not even airports on CAA radar/map and are only open based aircrafts or by invitation for visitors, I could not land in one one time as they had a summer festival with 2000 guests, it was not even NOTAMED and I sent online PPR form that no one reads

The real question is what based pilots think about that obstruction bloc?

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Aug 14:46
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Swan vestas?

[ link added to the product wiki, for the benefit of non UK readers ]

United Kingdom

GA_Pete wrote:

Swan vestas?

I was thinking more in the line of

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

I was thinking more in the line of

I don’t get it why you want to do that? to help with a night landing?
There is BKY VOR+DME nearby for guidance

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ah! Middle Marker! :)

EGTR
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message