Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Wingly flight sharing site (merged)

I’d want to be really certain about what was in the parcel.

EGTT, The London FIR

For cargo you’d just need a CPL which is easy to get (provided you are class 1 medical material).

As if a CPL would make any difference to that ‘just a little package’ bizniss…

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 16 Oct 07:19
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

A CPL does nothing in Euroland, without an operator AOC. All it allows (for a freelancer) is ferry work and, in the UK, there were some extra bits when doing charity flights, IIRC, years ago…

Does a CPL have freelance privileges in Germany, France, etc?

It is an interesting Q about carrying goods. I don’t think it is anything to do with cost sharing. To use Wingly etc for goods, somebody would have to come along with the package. Otherwise it is straight commercial work. In the UK you can do it on a PPL on behalf of a company you work for, provided you are not required to fly i.e. have the option, at your discretion, to take a train etc. There was a CAA leaflet called “summary of public transport” which contained all this stuff; not sure if EASA regs overruled it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

May I suggest to put the drone/autonomous transport discussion into a new thread, @Peter?

I find we have an interesting discussion about cost sharing (maybe exhausted) and an interesting discussion about drones/autonomous transport in contrast to cost sharing flights – maybe for the sake of clarity, they’d better be split?

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I suggest somebody starts a new thread on drone transport (people and goods). There are so many threads containing those posts I will never have time to find them all. Same with self driving cars; I was going to move the above Audi and Tesla posts out but it seems to have ended.

BTW I wonder if a significant number of people will use Wingly to find passengers but advertise a very low share cost, to reduce the Wingly commission? That happens a lot elsewhere e.g. on Ebay. It also happens widely with property transactions, in certain southern European countries where there is capital gains tax on property sales What made me think this is whether people will use Wingly purely to find somebody to fly with, when it is illegal to cost-share in an N-reg aircraft. Come to think of it… how many flights are on Wingly, in an N-reg, based out of the UK??

Administrator

EuroFlyer wrote:

I asked the Audi guy when he showed me the A8 at the IAA why they don’t offer what Tesla offers since quite some time.
He dryly answered, they don’t want their cars to drive people under lorries, referring to the blogger who lost his head. And he said that every software update by Tesla voids their official operating permit.
The A8 is indeed an amazing car, only the legal prerequisites aren’t ready for some it’s features

This is a typical example of US vs EU.
Better tech (hardware) in EU, but slug-like bureaucracy.

Last Edited by AF at 16 Oct 18:58

That article is highly misleading, saying Wingly is “certified by EASA and the CAA”

Administrator

Peter wrote:

That article is highly misleading, saying Wingly is “certified by EASA and the CAA”

The wording is a bit misleading, but essentially it is correct. “Authorized” would be better than “certified” IMHO.

https://en.wingly.io/media/doc/en/CAA_001.pdf

https://en.wingly.io/media/doc/en/EASA_140316.pdf

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
Sign in to add your message