Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Time From Car Park to Take Off

Canuck brilliant, also great photos – the Champ is a lovely aircraft, I don’t know why this design, like its friendly competitor from Lock Haven, is able to generate a constant grin when flying in it.

Nayland has some beautiful examples. There are two Chiefs at Andrewsfield which are still providing good service.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yes, I like the low power variants, I think they have a great ‘feel’. Although I haven’t flown one of the low power light-weight early cubs yet, I understand they are similar.

I have flown some of the later model cubs with 150-160 hp and always find myself throttling way way back after take off… it just seems unnecessary to rush an airplane that doesn’t really want to be rushed.

Some of my friend recently purchased a mint condition Stinson Station Wagon, I am really keen to give it a go… so many planes, not enough time:-).

Blue skies and tailwinds!

Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

Beautiful, Canuck

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

Walk from house to shed is about 400 yards, so about 5 mins, which is a nice time to breathe some fresh air and engage brain.

You do live a dream for most of us Jacko

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I know 2 or 3 people who have achieved what Jacko has, in the UK, but they all live either in sparsely populated places or they did it with the application of a large amount of £££

Grass strips with a house come on the market periodically, for 1M+, but are almost never in a location where one would want to live if one had the 1M+ to spend on a house. There was one near Dunsfold for nearly 2M, a few years ago.

Frankly, IMHO, the best thing is a nice airport (preferably with an ILS and decent opening hours, for those who want to use a plane to travel/business) with a 15 mins’ drive.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message