Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Has anyone been flying / renting a plane in Georgia (the country not the state)

I will be on holiday in Georgia the summer and I am wondering if I could experience the country from the air somehow.
Any tips/experiences are welcome :)

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Hi jfv,

I have flown to Georgia and have also checked out the local GA scene (as far as possible). It’s a very beautiful country, but the people are mostly poor. Thus there is very little GA as we know it. I had the pleasure to get to know the president of the Tbilissi Balooning Club. There might also be a bit of handgliding and so on in Georgia (the mountains are enormous). There also is some kind of GA airfield in the area of Tbilissi which has a couple of Cessnas, but as usual in such countries, it is strictly a flying school for upcoming airline pilots.

I wrote some notes on that trip (which took place in 2011) here.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 30 Mar 16:23
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

A friend of mine will organiseren this year a rally to Georgiƫ with a few planes.

I will ask details of clubs he had details from. I know there must be two Cessna for rent.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Vieke wrote:

I will ask details of clubs he had details from.

Vieke did you already had a chance to grab some info ?
Thanks in advance !

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

This company has some airplanes for touring in Georgia. We are planning to fly to Georgia with some planes from Ukraine and some from Belgium. Meeting around July 20th in Varna, BG and then Georgian tour for some days.

Belgium
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message