Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Has Rocketroute hiked prices yet again?!?

Hi,

The AutoRouter is included with Pro Membership at £199 for new members.

For full detail visit shop at: www.rocketroute.com.

European Plates may also be purchased without membership via iTunes AeroPlates App for just £19.99/year.

AeroPlates iTunes

[image fixed - this site doesn't use the IMG/ tags which some others use. Use the Image button and drop the URL into the box which pops up]

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hi

Apple are using an exchange rate of 1.36 Euro : GBP.

Friday's exchange rate was 1.19.

We use 1.20 in our Web shop www.rocketroute.com.

Apple do not provide the option to split a product by country and charge different prices.

All I can suggest is that at the moment because of the Apple exchange rates you are better to purchase via our website.

Below is a summary of our 2013 Summer Pricing:

FREE Membership £0, €0

Standard Membership £49/year, €59/year

Pro Membership £199/year, €238.80/year

We provide a Renewal discount of 10% for existing members.

We also offer volume discounts for clubs, larger groups (email: [email protected])

All prices include Taxes at 20%.

For customers purchasing outside of the EU, deduct 20%. Businesses inside the EU (except UK) can enter their details and remove taxes before purchase.

So I was right.

Would have preferred not receiving a one-liner reply like "there is nothing wrong from our side".

BTW, an exchange rate of 1.36 has nothing to do with reality.

Get down to earth, guys.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

BTW, an exchange rate of 1.36 has nothing to do with reality. Get down to earth, guys.

You have to talk to Steve Jobs. Their fascist policy prevents apps from charging a different price when purchasing via Apple compared to purchasing direct and the app is not allowed to even suggest that you better buy direct from the website. Then Apple defines the exchange rate between currencies and it is usually quite far off reality. Not much RocketRoute can do but you can take it as a useful piece of information to always check with the vendor whether there's a way to purchase direct. Apple get 30% for their amazing hard work of channeling the sale and I usually prefer to see the vendor keep those 30%.

This sort of thing must be a good incentive to go Android.

AFAIK you can sideload Android apps i.e. not have to go via the shop but just sell the executable off a website. Obviously it will get pirated more (only about 10% of IOS devices are said to be jailbroken, and I would bet most jailbreaks are done to get bootleg games) but you make a lot of extra money.

But hang on... surely RR is a load of server-side code. The app itself is just a front end (and frankly should not be necessary; a browser ought to do). Do Apple have a problem with you selling an app for say €30 and then selling an annual sub for say €1000 from your website? Or even a free app?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If the app requires a subscription to be used, then the totalitarian Apple rules require the vendor to offer the user to purchase that subscription from the app at the same price as it would cost outside of the app. The app can also support an existing (i.e. externally purchased) subscription but it must not steer the user towards it or give him any clue that it might be advantageous. The alternative is to not offer in-app purchases like e.g. Jeppesen do -- you need a license number to use app. This is OK for a monopolist like Jeppesen but not a very smart move for companies that want to attract new users.

Android allows installing apps directly from websites if the security settings of the device (user configurable) are set so. Most devices do not enable this -- for good reason. OziExplorer for Android is an example of an app that is not available from the Google Play store but has to be downloaded from the vendor's website.

Apple was innovative from 2007-2011 but today it's just a terrible thought police trying to monopolize everything they can get to. I like today's Apple as much as the 2000s Microsoft. Let's hope Android will conquer the tablet market fast. It's very strong in the smartphone market, today's top devices in hardware spec and functionality are all Android based. Looking at the disappointing Apple product pipeline, things seem to move in that direction.

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message