Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hertelendy Kastely

Has anyone visited Hertelendy Kastely and can share their experience of either the airfield or the hotel? I’m wondering if I should think about visiting.

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

I thought about it – until I saw the prices

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 30 Apr 17:47
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

If you look under “Special offers – midweek surprise” it is not too far off from normal four star and upward hotels in Europe. I know a guy who flies there from time to time and is full of praise. It has only a grass runway and grass parking though.

EDDS - Stuttgart

My wife and I wanted to fly there last weekend, but had to cancel due to weather. When I wrote them a few days in advance, they replied “just let us know one day ahead, we know pilots have to be flexible”. Because the grass runway was waterlogged, they would have also picked us up for free from the next hard surface airport.

So I haven’t been there yet, but the impressions so far have been positive.

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Even with the special offers, I still find it too expensive. Problem is also: I would only want to stay for one night and they obviously don’t give rebate in that case.

Reminds me of Chateau de la Chassagne, which is unfortunately no more (spoke to the owner a few weeks ago; no schedule set for re-opening).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

but check under “Pilot’s Secret” – these prices include a 3-courses-gourmet-dinner and of course breakfast. And I guess landing and overnight fees are on the house.
Only have to convince them that my copilot Jack Russell can accompany me and does not have to sleep in the barn with the horses

EDxx, Germany

Even with the special offers, I still find it too expensive.

For me personally as well. And there would be absolutely nothing there for me to do. Never played golf, quit playing tennis 30 years ago, not interested in gourmet food at all (a large plate of spaghetti alle vongole with a glass of vino della casa beats every other offer ) – but for people who like that kind of stuff, why not.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I must say I enjoyed my one visit to Chateau de la Chassagne so Hertelendy is not out of the question but in the current economic climate……

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Only have to convince them that my copilot Jack Russell can accompany me

The website states that dogs are allowed in the Hunter’s Lodge, which is also a bit cheaper.

It’s definitely at the pricey end of the market, but what about how much it would cost to fly there from the UK

EGBJ / Gloucestershire

Does it have Customs?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message