Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Honeywell/Bendix-King changing navdata source

Just got this curious email

Does anyone know what this is? Maybe @ncyankee?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I got the same message – it remains to be seen whether there will be problems with navigation points. Who could be the new database provider – there can’t be that many of them?

TB20 Airman
Borkenberge EDLB, Germany

Possibly LIDO? If it is, I would expect a lot of issues.

KUZA, United States

I was thinking NAVBLUE but they don’t have EASA DAT 2 approval for this part

EBST

The weird thing is that if you look at the huge list of devices, some going back to mid-1990s, HBK must have an in-house system for generating the databases from a data source which must be standardised, so they need to “only” find a new vendor which conforms to the format specification.

IOW, the old source (Jepp, AFAIK) did not produce anything specifically for say a KLN94.

LIDO is Lufthansa, no?

What does NAVBLUE actually do?

Administrator

ARINC 424 is the data standard. Usually the data supplier(s) provide the data to the manufacturer which then encodes the data in the device internal format and decides what is included or excluded.

KUZA, United States

I asked them: “We will be using Lufthansa Systems.”

Administrator

Peter wrote:

LIDO is Lufthansa, no?

Yes.

Peter wrote:

I asked them: “We will be using Lufthansa Systems.”

So LIDO.

ELLX

here you go ;-) LIDO. EASA.AOA.DAT.014
https://www.lhsystems.com/solutions-services/flight-deck-solutions/lidonavigation/lidofms

List of Approved ATM-ANS Organisations

NAVBLUE is on the list also but don’t have DAT 2 approval for FMS yet to my understanding

Interestingly enough JEPP Germany does not have that neither:
Type 1 DAT Providers: These organizations process aeronautical data for use on aircraft and provide an aeronautical database that meets the Data Quality Requirements (DQRs). However, there is no corresponding airborne application/equipment compatibility determined for this database.
Type 2 DAT Providers: These organizations process aeronautical data and provide an aeronautical database specifically for use on certified aircraft application/equipment. The compatibility with that application/equipment has been determined. A Type 2 DAT provider’s certificate confirms that their processes for producing aeronautical databases comply with the referenced applicable requirements and documented DQRs for the specified avionics systems (i.e., certified aircraft application/equipment)

EBST

Vref wrote:

NAVBLUE is on the list also but don’t have DAT 2 approval for FMS yet to my understanding

How come?

EASA.AOA.DAT.017, NAVBLUE SAS France Data Services, (DAT) Type 1 & 2

EGTR
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message