Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Student pilot having to divert to another airfield during circuit training

mh wrote:

It’s a reminder to some students not to hang on the instruments after checks. It is at the end of every flow… VFR at least. We in the clubs often have many Kopfmenschen who tend to keep their eyes inside for much too long time.

This is very true. In my profession (anaesthesia) we have a similar problem: If you look at the monitoring equipment all the time and never check on the patient himself, you may miss something vital. Same with VFR and looking outside really. I had to learn this too in my PPL training, at the beginning I was looking at the instruments way too much actually. At least at work you don’t hurt yourself if you do.

My “cockpit” at work

Last Edited by MedEwok at 18 Feb 00:42
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Patrick wrote:

That was me – in all seriousness – and the question was a little bit more elaborate, if I recall correctly.
It’s not encouraging for beginners – or anyone for that matter – to ask questions that may seem (too) basic, with comments like that.

Yes it was, and no it wasn’t meant offensive or discouraging :) It’s part of the checklist and I guess not without reason, and I was drilled to trim from the very first lesson onwards….

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany
42 Posts
Sign in to add your message