Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ICAO code changes: TRIN/TB20/TB21 and P28U

As of September 18th, Eurocontrol no longer accepts IFR flight plans using the “TRIN” aircraft type for TB20/TB21. Instead you have to specify the new designators TB20 and TB21. We have updated all TB20/21 in autorouter to use the new ICAO type.

Additionally, a new type P28U was introduced for the Piper Turbo Arrow IV. Previously it used P28T like the other Turbo Arrows. Unfortunately, Eurocontrol made a mistake with this change and now rejects the still valid type P28T (for the earlier Turbo Arrows). The problem was discovered by us and will be fixed for the next AIRAC cycle in mid October. Until then, you should specify ZZZZ as type and in field 18 add TYP/P28T to get your flight plan accepted. We have implemented this workaround in autorouter so you won’t even notice.

http://publish.eurocontrol.int/sites/default/files/field_tabs/content/documents/sesar/revision-summary-bada-31-2.pdf

Last Edited by achimha at 18 Sep 10:13

I tried to file an online GAR today and noticed that the ICAO code on my aircraft profile was out of date
Tried to change the aircraft profile through the onlinegar website but this new TB20 code wasn’t accepted.
Seems that the new ICAO codes haven’t been updated into their database.
I’ve posted a bug report in the onlinegar forum.

Slightly surprised this wasn’t picked up and resolved before.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Slightly surprised this wasn’t picked up and resolved before.

Well, one hypothesis is that TB20 pilots are too smart to pay £3 to onlinegar.com when they can email the GAR for free to

Another hypothesis is that they are just too tight (that would be me).

But, seriously, it does amaze me how populations who you would think should intersect (as in the Venn diagram) in fact don’t. This happens a huge amount in GA and results in all kinds of seemingly bizzare things e.g. why a VOR in Italy which is missing in a “very popular” flight planning program has been missing for 10 years and nobody has said anything. Or, a population of 10 aircraft of a particular type have between them had 100 engine failures, yet one of them is for sale with completely clean logbooks…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Filing a GAR through SkyDemon incurs no extra charge while allowing modifications to aircraft/crew/pax details through the onglinegar website

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

That is because you are paying for SD. They must have done a bulk deal with Onlinegar, based on some assumption that only X GARs will be filed per Y flights, etc. Same with SD using EuroFPL for flight plan filing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message