Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

If money were no object PPL training

The best way to learn is by doing! Just because I couldn’t resist a little nostalgia here are some pics. Again, lots of flying and lots of fun! I think that I learned the most about flying from this plane. You can do a touch and go every minute up the length of a lake! You also learn the real meaning of gross weight, CG, wind, water, density altitude, and you learn finesse in coaxing it off the water (and sometimes you go back to the dock to make it lighter ) .

I shared this plane with some plane with some friends, who have now become lifelong, I would highly recommend this to new PPL’s!

Sans aircraft at the moment :-(, United Kingdom

LAPL only instructors are pretty unusable as they can’t teach any of the PPL course – if you start a LAPL with a LAPL restricted instructor you can’t switch min course to a PPL.

I don’t think anyone really starts out as a LAPL because the hours reduction isn’t realisable in practice (normal course hours) so you might as well have the full PPL, especially as exams are the same.

Now retired from forums best wishes

LeSving wrote:

And even so, a DA-42 is not very practical for short field flying.

True. A DA42 ASDR is about 700-800 m (if you care about that kind of stuff) and a takeoff and landing distance of about 600 m (to 50’ AAL), subject to mass and temperature of course.

But a C210 with boots would do. Or a FIKI SR22. In the winter in Norway one would not need to climb very high to get to altitudes with little or no icing, or to be on top, and with winter temperatures and associated performance…

LFPT, LFPN

I know two LAPL instructors who are working full time and logging 600 plus hours a year.

They both bring something to the table that 200 hour FI can’t. They have significance GA expirence of touring, aero’s, IMC, tailwheel, microlight and one has even built a couple of aircraft.

Neither of them will ever lack work.

I would love to see the whole ATO approval racket scraped. Approve the individual not the organisation.

Last Edited by Bathman at 29 Nov 20:31

A PPL is all the training needed to fly SEL on VFR days at any distance you choose. Adding the instrument ticket extends that to foul weather and flying in the Flight Levels. The only reason to go further is to do it for pay.

I would love to see the whole ATO approval racket scraped. Approve the individual not the organisation.

Agree 100%. It is the biggest problem in European Aviation regulation in my view.

EGTK Oxford

Bathman wrote:

Amen.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
47 Posts
Sign in to add your message