Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

If there was a "hipster" aircraft, what type would it be?

In contemporary Internet culture, the quintessential hipster saying is “I had/did/liked x before it was cool”. Thus a hipster by the modern definition will typically covet the same things as everyone else, but claim to have discovered it first. Thus a hipster will tend to use ancient versions of something that is “cool”.

With Cirrus aircraft being the most popular SEP models today, I think a Cirrus VK-30, the first plane designed by the Klappmeier-Brothers, is the quintessential hipster aircraft.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

In contemporary Internet culture, the quintessential hipster saying is “I had/did/liked x before it was cool”. Thus a hipster by the modern definition will typically covet the same things as everyone else, but claim to have discovered it first. Thus a hipster will tend to use ancient versions of something that is “cool”.

I own a lot of those kinds of things, having bought most of them a long time ago, and having kept them I only wish they wouldn’t misunderstand what was cool about them in the first place, sometimes destroy them during their ownership, and more often attempt to rewrite history in popular culture through their misunderstanding. Wearing silly 1960s pudding bowl helmets while riding 1970s and 80s Italian motorcycles comes to mind.

A late 40s Stinson Voyager would be a good hipster-mobile, but only if if painted black with a spray can and equipped with rare factory wheel pants crudely trimmed with tin snips to look more ‘1930s’

It’s a TB20 isn’t it?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message